Should I buy now or wait?

dkhl

Registered
I'm looking to purchase a Hayabusa soon, or maybe wwaiting till '06 comes. Are there any significant changes coming in the next model year, or anything exciting coming within the next 2-3 years?

And lastly, I'd like to get some oppinions on wha't the best bang for the buck mods. I would like to avoid exhaust suggestions as I may going down the turbo route, and don't feel like buying twice the amount of components.

I'm guessing 07 will bring undesirable changes as I believe that is when the first tier of the serious motorcycle emissions comes into play, sucks for the harley guys, they all hate EFI.

I thought about delaying the purchase of my Busa too, to see what was coming next year, but then considered a few things...
First, the 186mph limit isn't going away. Busa's already make it to 186mph fast enough to scare the #### out of most riders. So should Suzuki decide to go to 1400 or 1500cc, and they gain one or two tenth's in the quarter; who cares? After market stuff can add that without the weight gain. And finally, larger displacement engines normally equate to more weight, so there's a trade-off.

So.... the options probably are to make the Busa lighter, modernize the instrumentation, or change the body/fairing styling. Personally I don't like digital speedo's, so that wasn't a factor. If they make it lighter it might handle a bit better, but would a lighter Busa sacrafice stablity at high speeds? Or provide less stability in windy conditions? And as for styling, perhaps the styling is a bit dated, but to my way of thinking, Suzuki got it right the first time out of the chut!
smile.gif
I'm guessing, at least in '06, they'll just come up with color changes again.

My decision was to buy an '05! (blue & silver - the fast one!)
biggrin.gif

why waste one day waiting when you could be riding?

get a bike NOW and ENJOY/RIDE it! for creepers sake:cool:

Turbo huh? Have you ridden one yet?Or is it going to be a track bike? ultra hi speed contender? Please don't tell us it's your first bike.I noticed the new recruit thats why I'm asking,as you can see I to am new to the busa and still she surprises me,love wizzing past cagers tho. no offense intended.

<!--EDIT|slpstream
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120719082 -->

Buy now, you never know what tomorrow holds. I debated 3 years before I bought mine, and I look back at all the great riding I have missed and at all the people that I could have met. GO FOR IT. You will not regret it.

Back