Should I buy it

brickman

Registered
All,

I recently sold my CBR 600rr and am looking for something more powerful, cooler and above all more comfortable... hence why I am turning to the Busa! Can anyone give me the pro's and cons? Is it really heavy in traffic?

any advice appreciated, its a big move!
B

Welcome to the .org! You don't know how many times this question and other related ones get asked. If you do a quick search you will come up with information to keep you reading for a long time.

Ok here is my answer in short version. Yes the busa is heavier than your old 600 but just like any well made bike it is balanced. You will not be able to throw it into corners quite as hard as your old bike but then again you will be able to get to the corners much faster. This bike is nimble once you learn to ride it and it is more comfortable than my cruiser. For me the only downside to having this bike is that everyone who sees you talks to you and the first question is " how fast have you gone on it?" If you get it you will never be sorry that you did.

Don't get one!!! It is a teriible bike that will cause you much grief! It will make you do things that break many traffic laws. It has a mind of its own. Play it safe and get a wheel chair. This will ensure you will never end up in the back of a police car!!!!!!!!! Its only upside is comfort!

Check out the search function and good luck. It is a great bike.
beerchug.gif

Don't get one!!! It is a teriible bike that will cause you much grief! It will make you do things that break many traffic laws. It has a mind of its own. Play it safe and get a wheel chair. This will ensure you will never end up in the back of a police car!!!!!!!!! Its only upside is comfort!
You forget to mention that if he's married he'd better think twice...it's been known to destroy those too.
firedevil.gif
laugh.gif

I've had my busa less than two months, I remember before buying it I was asking myself all the same questions. When I test rode my 06 I knew in under 3 miles that it was the bike I was looking for. I put over 1200 miles on it in the first month alone and have had zero regrets about purchasing it. It becomes a passion and addiction, I can't spend enough time on it and find myself taking longer and longer rides that I would have never considered when I was still riding my 600. Comfort, style, speed, power just to name a few not to mention a whole lot of attention. Don't take my word on it, find one to test ride and make up your own mind, I'm betting you will be glad you did!

As long as you were able to handle your 600RR decently, you'll be fine with the Busa.

You should BUY IT! IT'LL BE THE BEST PURCHASING DECISION YOU'LL EVER MAKE!

Just learn where and when to pull the trigger on it. You can get insanely fast without knowing it.  
firedevil.gif
Exactly. The world all of a sudden gets so much smaller and shorter than it used to be. There won't be long enough roads to take her out full tilt boogie.

The only bad thing about getting a Busa is.....hearing EVERYONE tell you that they USE TO HAVE something that "WOULD EAT BUSA'S FOR LUNCH".

I'm stuck in Iraq right now
guns.gif
and sold my gsx-r 600 right before i left the US...it felt like a toy! I was just going to upgrade to the gsx-r 1000...until one day I was bored and started reading reviews on the Hayabusa...they made me truly inspired, so inspired that I bought 1 before I even got to test drive it! I bought it on July 3rd 2008...and Im not gonna be home till July 24th 08! I'll only be home for 2 weeks but Im sure they will be the best 2 weeks of my life...hopefully not my last
firedevil.gif
lol! I really wanted a bike that has insane get up and go...but I also wanted something comfortable but sporty! Like a cadillac with NOS...I would go for it! Get the busa
beerchug.gif

hayabusa_punisher.jpg

Back