Should I buy a Busa ?

OB_CanuckBusa

Registered
I'll sell you my 99 Copper for $7999 so I can buy a ZX9R or R1.

Email me at kemppitc@cadvision.com if you are interested. I will provide you with details on the bike's history.

Note: This is a Canadian bike so you would need to do a little paperwork to keep the US customs guys happy.

Jezz----buy it!!!! That price is unbelivable!! There are absoulty none around here and most of the 01's have deposits. Because of the demand you watch----the dealers are going to start having you bid for the bike. I saw a new R1 (only one left at end of last year) go out a dealer at $13,000!!!This is no bull---I saw the deal. As there are now no new busa's left--watch the price. A dealer here locally that has 4 zx-12's on the floor offered to trade me headsup on a 12. I said "no way"

Get the Busa,It will be like the girl of your dream that you were to afraid to talk too and to late to ask out cause some other jerk asked her first.Ride Safe

After all I have read in this forum about bad cam chain adjusters, broken sub-frames and the like, should I still go for it ? I am pretty good with bike mechanics and have been riding about 30 years, what do you think? I am on the fence. I can get a blue and silver for 9999 dollars. Is that a good price ?

I wouldn't worry about the subframe at all unless you ride two-up A LOT and/or haul lots of luggage. Not sure about the cam chain tensioner. From what I've read it seems those that have had failures (or are worried) ride the livin' piss out of their Busas on the street and strip. For us everday, go fast sometimes, sport touring type guys, probably not a worry.

Damn good price, buy it before someone else does, stay tuned for info on cam chain tensioners, BTW the subframe thing I believe was just and Isolated incident. If there was many failures with that magnitude of liability, suzuki would have recalled! I hope!!

YOUR GONNA LOVE IT. 30 years? Yeah, do it dude.
Then watch your bank account dwindle to nothing until it's totally custom, 165 rwhp, etc. It's an obsession(addiction?).

"hewhosoldstockforturbocharger"

bikelee - Buy it or tell me where it is and I'll go buy it! I'm currently looking to buy a second one. Over the past several years I've rode a ton of bikes and nothing compares to the Busa. This means; power, comfort, stability, smooth ride, easy to control, etc. etc. etc. Trust me you'll be very happy with a Busa. Not to mention I bought mine back in March and it's never been back to the dealer since!

I gotta agree with Thradar on this one.

I am 160 pounds and the bike doesn't even know I am on the thing, just that someone is pulling the throttle!! :)

Unless your a super heavy b a s t a r d or constantly riding two-up or carrying heavy luggage equipment, I would not worry or concern yourself with the sub-frame stuff. Besides, there has been like maybe 2 or 3 confirmed reports, not like it's an epidemic.

As far as cam tensioner...I've got about 2500 miles on mine and I am not hearing anything yet. Seems like it's the guys beating the snot out of 'em or dragging them that are having the most problems.

30 years huh? Go for it, I've been doing it for 25+ years and love the bike. Never ridden anything like it before or ever will again. It's a keeper this time.

'Lanta says it right tho', you'll go broke making it your one of a kind bike!!

"I paid what for those Dymags?!?!?" :)

..or you could get a ZX12, wait through a 2000 mile break-in, suffer at the wrists and back after no more than an hour of riding, piss and moan about the fit and finish, and generally get laughed at by 'Busa owners instead!! :)

[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited 17 July 2000).]

Definitely get the Busa. I just bought mine last weekend and couldn't be happier. I was kind back and forth on a Busa or an R1. But now I'm really glad I made the decision that I did. As for the problems, all makes and models have problems, I don't think you should rule out this great bike because of them. If something happens to mine, I'll deal with it when the time comes.

Just get it. If you get anything else, you'll still be lusting after the busa so you've waited long enough. Get it and enjoy. You never get that "need to upgrade" feeling. You'll have the best last bike you'll ever need for anything. For once I feel that way about a bike. I don't care what they come out with next year, I'm keeping this one.
Lee

Back