Should I buy a 1999 or a new 2006?

milar

Registered
I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket.  Can't decide rather to purchase a new 2006 or wait and find a clean 1999.  The difference in price isn't as issue.

Are there significant changes between the 2 bikes that might sway me to a new bike?  

What are board members thoughts either way?

M

(milar @ Sep. 24 2006,09:31) I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket.  Can't decide rather to purchase a new 2006 or wait and find a clean 1999.  The difference in price isn't as issue.

Are there significant changes between the 2 bikes that might sway me to a new bike?  

What are board members thoughts either way?

M
Just courious, why are you interested in a 99 over a new one? is it the speed restriction? because you can get around that for cheap. to me theres not enough differances to make a differance between a 99 of an 06,
so it would depend on just how muh money I wanted to spend, a Busa is a Busa in my opinion.

Good luck finding that 99 or newer that hasn't been beat or dropped. They hold their value well and the stealers are ready to deal rite now!!!
rock.gif
beerchug.gif

BTW
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
super.gif

Good luck finding that 99 or newer that hasn't been beat or dropped. They hold their value well and the stealers are ready to deal rite now!!!  
[/Quote]

Mine hasn't, but I love it, and even with 50,000 kms on it, it still pulls like a train, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
biggrin.gif

I prefer the older ones that say Suzuki on the tank. I bought a used 2002 in June with 4900 mi on it. I like the color combo better then newer models. That's just me. I wouldn't trade mine for new. That's not to say i wouldn't add an '06 to the stable but I'd never get rid of my '02.

I have a 99 Hayabusa and I love it. While it's only been rare that my speedo has been a little over 185 MPH, it's still nice having the original 220 MPH speedo. It's a bike well deserving of a 220 MPH speedo, not a 185 MPH speedo.

As I recollect, the 2001 and newer Hayabusas are the speedos that stop at 185 MPH (sucks not having a speedo that can keep up with your performance mods).

On the other hand, owning a new Hayabusa verses a 7 year old Hayabusa is hardly reason to worry about the speedo's MPH limitation.

2002 and newer Hayabusa have the upgraded 32-bit ECMs whereas the earlier model Hayabusas were only 16-bit ECMs. Likewise, a number of issues were resolved with 2002 and newer Hayabusas. I'd cast my vote for a new Hayabusa rather than the old with its many years of questionable use and mileage.

Since I purchased my 99 Hayabusa new and have maintained it like new (as well as not beat the tar out of it), I'd never think of selling it.

Ok guys, I searched this but did not fine anything , what is the best brake pads and where can I get the best price on them? I may have not searched the right way  
all_coholic.gif
sorry this was suppose to be a new post
ices_rofl.gif

Start new and make it yours with mods that suit you. Only way to go. Agree with all said about new changes to improve the bike by Suzuki.
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

look i bought a new busa 06 and let me tell you that i´m not sorry

new is new

and starting from 0 is like you first time in sex hhhhuuuuuuaaaaa.......

If money is burning a hole in your pocket and if money isn't an issue... get a new one. Duh?

Buying a Busa isn't like deciding between a classic old Mustang and a new one... because neither car is a performance monster.

The Busa IS a performance monster and it's better to get a brand new one... because you know its history.

I'd definitely go new. Always nice to know how every mile has been put on a bike, and chances are an older Busa (especially a 99), hadn't been driven g-e-n-t-l-y.
biggrin.gif

Plus nothing worse than plunkin' your money down on a used machine (without a warranty I assume), and have something major go wrong with it.

Buy new, be happy.

Back