Should I buy a 1999 or a new 2006?

i got lucky and found my 2002 black n blue.
guy bought it in june of 2003 and i bought it from him in october of 2003 with 2900 miles. have been very happy with it ever since. i was well taken care of by the previous owner. i would opt to buy a newer model before i would buy a 99. they have worked out all the bugs. subframe, ecu,starter issue etc.

if i wouldnt have gotten such a great deal on my bike i would have def. bought a new bike...... my .02

buy old and turbo
smile.gif

i got my busa, laid over on one side, for $5k locally. came with 2 shoei and one ldh helmets, one suzuki jacket/pants, 3 other jackets (joe rocket), fr/rear jack stands, 3 windscreens, PC2, full titanium exhaust hmf high mount, backpack (joe rocket), spare front tire...

granted, it had 30k miles and had been dropped on the left side. but hey, for $5k, i got $2k in accessories, and i can get it pained or a new fairing for less than that.

turbos are like $4k, and i am making my own for about $1000. then i will paint, lower, stretch my bike that is turboed. will have like $8000 and have a rael head turner. just my 2c

If you are going to add a bunch of big mods to it right off go with a used one. If you are going to keep it stock and enjoy it then go with the new and warranty.

I guess you should buy new unless ....... you can find one of the original original coppers which will go down in the annals of history as one of the most unique bikes of the times.

Mine tho 7 yrs old not only in excellent condition but even runs better then was new. Few realise these bikes arnt truly run in till after 30.000klms. Mines 62.000klms and wont sell it Its busa #33 (last digits on VIN) and with the new tooling of the time I reckon its even better then a new 06.

AKA The Beast

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

Buy new! That way you'll know the bike like the back of your hand, rather than being pissed off because someone sold you a lemon!
guns.gif

YO!!!!!! Whatzzzzzz up board! My 06 is what brought me to this board and there is nothing like that new bike smell, go new you wont regret it!!

If you can find a new one at a good price, then buy new. If you can buy a used 99 for a good price, then buy that! Make sure the 99 has low miles and has never been down hard. Other then that, I like the decals on the older Busa's then the newer units.

Either way, it's a BUSA!
race.gif

There is nothing like straight off the showroom floor . Just get yourself a smart T.R.E. ....restriction gone .

Back