Should Have Stayed Home

piratediverjefff

Registered
Went for a short ride this morning and some old geezer kinda blew through a Stop sign(said he didn't see me)when I was right in front of his car making a left turn and plowed right into me.Trashed the left side of my Busa and banged me up a little,no broken bones but sore as hell and will probably miss work this week.Went to the hospital for x-rays,MRI,etc. and got some pain meds.Highway Patrol showed up and took the report,old dude admitted fault so his insurance should cover it(on the plus side he was driving a Mercedes).Going to call Russ Brown in the morning and see if they can get me some $ for this pain and suffering,lost wages,make sure my bike gets taken care of ,etc.Knocked me right out of my shoes,found them in the middle of the intersection.:laugh:Busted up the side and nose fairings,Pazzo clutch lever,Oberon bar end mirror,after market kick stand,skinned up my $800 Arai helmet,stator cover,etc.Crap!

Sorry to hear that bro , bloody lucky by the sounds you weren't more injured . The Busa , sounds like not terminal damage , replaceable , repairable , which is better than any other possibility .
Get your self organized for his insurance and your rights for full reimbursement , and rest up and mend brother , and good luck with it all .
Be watching your future posts on Busa recovery / rebuild .

Hate to hear and hope you recover quickly! Sounds like the bike will be taken care of, but make sure you get everything checked out.

Glad to hear you made out “ok”. Hopefully the pain goes away soon enough and you can fix the bike better than before.

Thanks guys!Man,I look at my bike and want to scream,even though it's 7 years old/13,000 miles it was probably still a 9.5 outa 10(more so if you count the $6K I spent in add on stuff).Blind old bastid,I'm aching in places I didn't even know I had.:DOh well,could've been worse,as long as I get paid for the damages,lost wages and a little for pain and suffering I'll be good to go.:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear, but very glad it wasn't worse!

Thanks guys!Man,I look at my bike and want to scream,even though it's 7 years old/13,000 miles it was probably still a 9.5 outa 10(more so if you count the $6K I spent in add on stuff).Blind old bastid,I'm aching in places I didn't even know I had.:DOh well,could've been worse,as long as I get paid for the damages,lost wages and a little for pain and suffering I'll be good to go.:thumbsup:

Take care of yourself and get some good boots, they don’t come off so easy.:D Get a (good) attorney and if you’re interested in physical therapy, get to a physical therapist right away and don’t go to any chiropractor any lawyer recommends.

Thanks fellas!Just got up and damned if I don't feel like I've been hit by a car.:DLike to never got to sleep and just now didn't think I was gonna be able to drag myself out of bed and down the stairs.Have to make some calls today and see what I can get rollin'(damned glad that Highway Patrol officer was there yesterday to take the report as I must've been in a little shock and didn't get the driver's insurance info.).Boots from now on CBX,no more Vans.:D

Thanks fellas !

Just got up
and damned if
I don't feel like
I've been hit
by a car .

:D

Like to never got to sleep
and just now didn't think
I was gonna be able
to drag myself
out of bed
and down
the stairs .

Have to make some calls today and see what I can get rolling .

Damned glad that Highway Patrol officer was there yesterday
to take the report as I must've been in a little shocked
and didn't get the driver's insurance info .

Boots from now on CBX,
no more Vans .

:D

Get the incident report number & talk to a good lawyer ~ my buddy Scott got a million dollars & is broke again *

tenor.gif

Get the incident report number & talk to a good lawyer ~ my buddy Scott got a million dollars & is broke again *

View attachment 1581159

Will make some calls this morning,officer said the incident report wouldn't be ready(or available anyway)for about a week.I'd be satisfied with getting the bike fixed,lost wages,and a little something for the pain but will see what an attorney says.Sumbitch really messed up my ride Red.

Get well again ASAP, the Busa is calling for some love and attention, have you been in the garage to give her a pat and reassurance?? They really like that! :D

Thanks again guys.:thumbsup:Can't use my left hand,shoulder sore as hell and still have a headache 30 hours after the incident(said probably a mild concussion from slamming my head onto the pavement)but other than that not too bad.Waiting right now for an attorney to stop by so I can sign some papers.Super cool guys that all ride and have been handling motorcycle cases for over 40 years.In our phone conversation this morning he said"Don't worry brother,we got your back.":D

https://www.russbrown.com/?keyword=...yer&utm_content=Motorcycle Accident Attorneys

Back