Should be taking a ride tomorrow

greg3852

Registered
Just about finished up putting her back together. Have to finish up a few little things in the morning. Check fluid levels and tire pressure and then I should be able to take a ride. She finally saw some daylight for the first time in who knows how many months.

Just about finished up putting her back together. Have to finish up a few little things in the morning. Check fluid levels and tire pressure and then I should be able to take a ride. She finally saw some daylight for the first time in who knows how many months.

View attachment 1598408View attachment 1598409
VERY nice, well done you. Glad you can get out in the wind and enjoy the fruits of your labor...

View attachment 1598408View attachment 1598409
I got the same side fairings on my bike right now
You really cranked it out Greg ! Even after your long car trip. Gotta love it man, I need you energy!
Congrats try and take a video when you test ride....I gotta get a go pro or something to share my rides.
Looks great man!

9CEDA90D-A907-4B37-834B-759EBD9DC2AC.jpeg

Well, took it down the street and back to the house a couple times just to make sure some things were tight. Then took it up the street and she is throwing codes!! Like it’s cool. C24, and C27. Can’t accelerate over 5000 rpm. Those are #1 ignition and #4 ignition. From reading it’s either the cam chain jumped a tooth or the cam chain tensioner isn’t right. Fml.

I’m done for the day. Once I get frustrated I’m no good and will only break something. So another day. Clear head and we’ll get it going right.

My experience has taught me its best to walk away and come back at it with a clear head. Looks like not a terrible fix but I’ll have to pull the valve cover. Seems the common thing is the intake cam is off a tooth. Ah well.
Yes, walking away is wise....seems there is always something trying to spoil our fun.

Well, took it down the street and back to the house a couple times just to make sure some things were tight. Then took it up the street and she is throwing codes!! Like it’s cool. C24, and C27. Can’t accelerate over 5000 rpm. Those are #1 ignition and #4 ignition. From reading it’s either the cam chain jumped a tooth or the cam chain tensioner isn’t right. Fml.

I’m done for the day. Once I get frustrated I’m no good and will only break something. So another day. Clear head and we’ll get it going right.
Damn man, I was excited to come here and see how your ride went. Well I really hope it’s just something simple. On the bright, you caught it with enough time to address it and be out to enjoy riding season. Keep us posted!

Those 2 codes relate to " Ignition System Malfunction".
I found this info . . .

Feb 12, 2017

Alright I'm at the end of my wits. I have a gen 1 Busa engine in my sand car. I'm getting the C24 and C27 codes. (Ignition signal 1 and 4). I ran a NA motor in the car for 12 years. Lost the bottom end. Picked up a new motor and Turbo. Original block was a 2004. New one is 2001. I'm using the same ECU and wiring harness I've run for 12 years. Never had any electrical issues before. Now I have these codes. Engine will start and runs fine with no load. Under load it falls flat over 6000 rpm. Can't build boost. I have a shop manual, I've done the troubleshooting. Swapped the Coils around, Tried other coils, Tried another Cam sensor, Tried starting it and unplugging the cam sensor, Tried 3 different CKP sensors, Gone through entire wiring harness, Checked voltage and resistance everywhere. All looks good. Only thing I haven't done is try another ECU because I don't have one. I do run a PC5 but still gets codes without it. I've removed the boost and still codes. Can't shake these codes. Driving me crazy. I've missed an entire dune season chasing this issue. Any ideas? I have read somewhere about getting the ECU flashed can remove codes C24 and C27, Wondering why the Flash would do this? Why? Would this work in my situation? Or do I risk hurting something?

Now this is the solution!! . . .

"looked into my timing and found that both cams were retarded. I rolled each cam forward one pin on the chain. She's a beast now. Car screams. Thanks for your reply and suggestion tho. "

bike needs a tune doesn't it? good excuse? or maybe ure having fun with it.:crazy:
It’s frustrating but I am learning more than I ever thought I would. I love doing my own things. I plan on getting it to Frank for the tune once it’s ready. I’m trying to decide if I want to do the NoS now or next year.

It’s frustrating but I am learning more than I ever thought I would. I love doing my own things. I plan on getting it to Frank for the tune once it’s ready. I’m trying to decide if I want to do the NoS now or next year.
u could throw it on there.... have 2 maps made.... personally I wouldn't push my luck tooo afr, didn't u lose a head gasket already last season?

That’s the goal is to have him do the two maps. Yes blew the head gasket before doing studs. Lesson learned. Lol
Maybe compression test before you mess with cam timing and another test after correcting cam timing just to make sure you fixed it?

Back