Shorty pipes worth it?

nx454

Registered
Hey guys I have a 07 busa im modding over the winter. I had a full D&D system then i cut the muffler out and made a straight out of it. I would like to know if they make any power or should i by a new system. I like the way it sounds and looks. Plan on gettin a custom map when it gets warmer out. I dont feel like doin it twice. Any input would be great Thanks guys

Hey man....
I also have a 07' (Black). I have dual tri-oval carbonfiber Yosh can's on it. Also doing a bunch of mod's over the winter, collecting all my parts right now. I wanted to go shorty on the exhaust but didn't want to spend the high $$ on Voodoo's or similar. Also didn't want to lose my Yosh pipes in case I didn't like it. Found a pair of Moto GP York style tips for $70 that I picked up. Haven't put them on yet, but can't wait to hear what they sound like. From what I read on here using the search forum everyone says you lose a little bit of power....don't have to custom map but it will help. What other mod you doing?? What color 07'?

Hey man....
I also have a 07' (Black). I have dual tri-oval carbonfiber Yosh can's on it. Also doing a bunch of mod's over the winter, collecting all my parts right now. I wanted to go shorty on the exhaust but didn't want to spend the high $$ on Voodoo's or similar. Also didn't want to lose my Yosh pipes in case I didn't like it. Found a pair of Moto GP York style tips for $70 that I picked up. Haven't put them on yet, but can't wait to hear what they sound like. From what I read on here using the search forum everyone says you lose a little bit of power....don't have to custom map but it will help. What other mod you doing?? What color 07'?

My busa is black on black, scretched 7in,short pipe,small air box mod, oem short stack, pc3,k&n filter, ivans timing retard module, and 43 tooth rear sprocket and lowerd 2 1/2in. I love the way the short pipre sound, but i heard l would lose power across the board and the bike would start to miss high rpm band.

Thanks guys. Maybe ill look in to a brock.
If you want to make power and still be streetable, Brock's is a good way to go. Muzzy is the best bang for the buck, Tsukigi, Akro, and Yosh's high end pipes all make good power but can be costly. If all you want is top end power and don't care about streetability, get a sidewinder. You will lose torque off the bottom, but will gain horsepower up top. Your ability to turn right is restricted, and your oil cooler will have to go bye-bye also.
Canadian Mike is (was?) selling a used Hindle (brocks) in the classified at a very reasonable price. Check it out.

Back