shortening turn signals

busahigg

Registered
Someone had asked in a thread if this could be done to the rear turn signals...the answer is yes but it is a complete pain in the arse. A lot of modding to the existing hardware and only shortened them about 1.5 inches. Here are some pics.
Just buy the aftermarkets if you're thinking about doing this.

left_blinker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone had asked in a thread if this could be done to the rear turn signals...the answer is yes but it is a complete pain in the arse.  A lot of modding to the existing hardware and only shortened them about 1.5 inches.  Here are some pics.
Just buy the aftermarkets if you're thinking about doing this.
Hey Higg,
Where can I get some shorter ones. I was considering doing the mod.

Brian

Inspection sticker? It is up high on my front forks. My license plate is inside infront or the rear tire.

My inspection sticker is in the "trunk".

TJ...how did you put your turn signals there? I wanna do mine like that.......very original.

wow.gif
Do you get stopped a lot? I do not want to give the coppas any reason to stop me.

Serious, you are supposed to have the inspection sticker in plain sight. Don't you stopped a lot?

B. Ray
1zhelp.gif

I don't get pulled over very often and when I do it's usually for more the my plate.
jump9.gif
On the turn signals I cut some black plastic and zip tied it (on the left side only,the right side you don't have to) to the sub frame under the tail piece. Buy some of the flush mount signals and bolt them on. As easy as 1 2 3.

Well in TX you have to have an inspection to get anything registered.....so when your registration stickers are good, you have to have had an inspection within the last twelve months.........they should figure it out............if not, depending on where I'm at........have fun chasin.

Back