Shortening Forks???

busa107

Registered
I am wanting to shorten my my forks internally. I know there are several companies out there that can do it...just wanting to do it myself. Has anyone here done this? I have access to a machine shop, just wondering if if the spacer is cut down 2" (to lower the forks the same amount). Just looking for some insight before I tear into them...

I think Greg at HPC has done this.Penske suspensions I believe has shorter springs to lower the bike internaly.

BTW, I am not suggesting that no one here can help you. I just know that pinky knows all about it. Not a bad guy either..

Start off by purchasing the correct damper tool. While that comes in from the dealer take measurements BEFORE removing the forks from the bike(sag, stiction etc.)

Then you must also determine what type of riding you are going to do, so to make the right set-up.

Making the spacers is the easy part, getting the forks to do what you want is the challange.

Honestly let a pro do it,so you get correct travel ad not just some rigid forks.Your choice though.

Honestly let a pro do it,so you get correct travel ad not just some rigid forks.Your choice though.
Good advise there for sure...
clap.gif

I am wanting to shorten my my forks internally. I know there are several companies out there that can do it...just wanting to do it myself. Has anyone here done this? I have access to a machine shop, just wondering if if the spacer is cut down 2" (to lower the forks the same amount). Just looking for some insight before I tear into them...
It sounds like he wants to tear into them to me! So if anyone has any input on "tearing into them" speak up! I build kits to do this and have installed...30-40 or so (never counted). I could easily say "send them to me" but this guy wants to tear into them himself!
Let him. Just give him advice if you have any!

It sounds like he wants to tear into them to me! So if anyone has any input on "tearing into them" speak up! I build kits to do this and have installed...30-40 or so (never counted). I could easily say "send them to me" but this guy wants to tear into them himself!
Thats exactly it...I have done everything on my own bike. I am not saying that a professional couldnt do it better, but knowledge is POWER!!! haha. Plus it is alot easier on the wallet to do it your self. I have access to all of the right tools, just looking for alittle insight. Thanks...

You just did let me
shutup.gif
laugh.gif

Back