Short std cans

jimpy

Registered
R&D

DSCF0248 (Small).JPG

DSCF0263 (Small).JPG

How hard was the cutting? I mean is it a simple process of cutting and then putting on the top or am I missing some horrible strenuous part.

The can gets smaller in diameter as you get closer to the pipe end. How did you get the endcap to fit so close? I've given this some thought but must be missing something or,I COULD JUST BE STUPID. No really, explain how. This is the only drawback i have as far as cutting the stock cans

You can get a lot of info from JESSEJONES’S post on short end cans
The way I did it was once you take the end off you can cut the can to the size you wont it
Then take the 3 o rings off the other end and take the inside out

DSCF0275 (Small).JPG

Then take the packing off (wear gloves) I think its fiberglass and then you can cut and grind with out damaging the outer can
I then made a former and screwed it down about 25 mm in the end of the outer can so that when you put the inside back it will go back like the standard can and the end cap will fit perfect

DSCF0278 (Small).JPG

DSCF0279 (Small).JPG

DSCF0280 (Small).JPG

DSCF0271 (Small).JPG

Just before you push the inside home fill the gap with silicon then push home no pop rivets needed
For the finish I was looking for heat resistant paint but could not find a good match so I used
U-POL Etch Primer Cat code: 741124
Halfords Satin Black Spray 300ml
I got a good finish and no problems with the heat hope this helps and makes sense

DSCF0267 (Small).JPG

looks good. but what i want to know is how did u get the powder coat off ur wheels? the polished & black look niccce:thumbsup:

Back