Short stacks on gen 2 Busa!

Cool, I'm glad you posted that... I have a set plus a PCVti that I bought from a member on here. They are sitting on the shelf waiting for me to get Busa #4. Got a great deal on them so this is good info for me.

Yeah Don,the guy who tuned my bike said said he was afraid maybe I'd lose some low/mid range but was not the case,and when he saw the all 4 tall OEM stacks said it was a wonder air even found it's way into the engine.:laugh:I had no idea the Gen II used all tall stacks instead of the 2 tall/2 short like the Gen I(those talls are some big old honkers:laugh:).Kid did a good job,bike always did seem to run a little rich so with the new tune,Sprint air filter from Brocks,all short stacks,and new Iridium plugs picked up another 10 hp/5 ft. lbs. and runs smooth as silk.

OEM tall stacks;

Also threw on a new pair of Michelin Power Supersports and angled valve stems while it was there(got 5,200 miles out of the old set),200/55 and 120/70;

200-55%20Rear%20Tire%205-30-2015%20004_zps42fymu9d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be running short stacks, K&N, ECU editor after a flash from down south. Probably won't get that much of a kick because I'll be running a Yoshi 4-2-1-2, but the weight savings from the system that I have chosen will make up for it.

That should do it bro,forgot I had Johnnycheese flash my ECU a while back(raise rpm limit,turn off top speed restriction,etc.).Even with my fat azz(235)on it the bike runs pretty good now,butt dyno says I can feel those extra 10 hp.:laugh:

This is the exhaust.... only weighs 15.87lbs.

exhaust.jpg

I know that 4-2-1 will make more power but as wide as these things look in the azz... I prefer the balanced look and honestly, as much power as Busas make.... I'm ok giving up just a little for a look that I like better.

Had the dual high mount HMF on my 05 was awesome but weighed a bit. That ENTIRE system weighs a little less than 16lbs. It's over $2200 but the weight savings and uniqueness are worth it.

That's not mine, just a pic of the exhaust, when I am ready to buy #4, probably 6 months, I'll find a 50th Anniversary somewhere and go get it.

Back