Shopping for a new Busa

dl6996

Registered
Well, the bank has said yes and now I'm in the hunt for a busa.  The best price I can get from my dealer is $10,642.  I know that I can get one in cheaper from Canada but my question is does this void the warranty in the US.  When I talked with the local dealer he was the one that stated it would. I kinda get the feeling he was just upset at the price I could get it for shipped but I'm just unsure. And if it does anyone know where I can get one cheaper shipped into MT from somewhere in the US?

I can't see how it could void the warranty. I think the dealer is trying to scare you.

Well, the bank has said yes and now I'm in the hunt for a busa.  The best price I can get from my dealer is $10,642.  I know that I can get one in cheaper from Canada but my question is does this void the warranty in the US.  When I talked with the local dealer he was the one that stated it would.  I kinda get the feeling he was just upset at the price I could get it for shipped but I'm just unsure.  And if it does anyone know where I can get one cheaper shipped into MT from somewhere in the US?
I bought my '03 for $9558 from http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com and they do ship, but I don't know the cost ...

Keep looking . The only problem with Canada is you have to get it changed from kilometers . As for warrenties all Suzuki dealers have to honor them. good luck

Check the small towns around you..also check on ebay a lot of dealers advertise there and maybe you can find something close

Go to Cycletrader.com type in Suzuki Hayabusa in search. one guy sells them for 9,300 I called and asked him why is he sells them so cheap, he gets them from Canada and ships them from Detroit(free 50 miles rds.).Also he said that he'll change the speedometer for free.As far as warranty goes just call Suzuki

Well, the bank has said yes and now I'm in the hunt for a busa.  The best price I can get from my dealer is $10,642.  I know that I can get one in cheaper from Canada but my question is does this void the warranty in the US.  When I talked with the local dealer he was the one that stated it would.  I kinda get the feeling he was just upset at the price I could get it for shipped but I'm just unsure.  And if it does anyone know where I can get one cheaper shipped into MT from somewhere in the US?
Most motorcyle warranties are covered in North America. I know Kawi only covered US models in the US. So I would call Suzuki if I were you.

I would watch out for some sort of import tax or something . Some of us where buying our 4 wheelers from Cananda but we would get hit back in the US. And you should be able to find it cheaper the dealer you are talking to is trying to get full retail

Are you hell bent on buying new?  I bought one a year old with 4800 miles and in perfect condition for 6500.00.  I found it on cycletrader.com  The guy spiral fractured his arm on his kids scooter and could not make payments and insurance for a bike just sitting around.  If you buy slightly used you can save lotsa doh.  Plus the guy threw in a bunch of extras as well: helmet, pitbull stand tank bra kevlar gloves.  I didn't pay tax either, but dont tell the IRS.

Go to Cycletrader.com type in Suzuki Hayabusa in search. one guy sells them for 9,300 I called and asked him why is he sells them so cheap, he gets them from Canada and ships them from Detroit(free 50 miles rds.).Also he said that he'll change the speedometer for free.As far as warranty goes just call Suzuki
Hey Spetz, where have you been? There are some new Chi Towners in the house now...Akira (Naperville), and GrlRidnHayabusa (North subs).

Keep looking, you can beat that price, and you don't have to go to Canada. Try Champion Cycle in Chicago. They were selling cheap a while ago.

I know for a fact that automobile manufacturers ie: toyota, dodge, honda, etc... US dealers can NOT do warranty repairs on canadian models. best check with a dealer. call the service department and tell them you have a canadian busa and need warranty work, then ask them will they do it under warranty?.

I talked to Suzuki yesterday and they said No, Canadian models cannot be warrantied in the US.  Something about different parts and whatnot but the ultimate answer was no.  I can get one shipped in the US here from a east coast dealer for 10K OTD.  My local has gone down to 10.2K.  They're pretty stubborn here.  How is the realibility of the bike other than tires?  Has anyone had any problems(oil changes not included)with the breakin period?  This is the first 0 miles bike I've ever owned...all others been used so none of the prelim stuff to be done.  Any advice on that?

I talked to Suzuki yesterday and they said No, Canadian models cannot be warrantied in the US.  Something about different parts and whatnot but the ultimate answer was no.  I can get one shipped in the US here from a east coast dealer for 10K OTD.  My local has gone down to 10.2K.  They're pretty stubborn here.  How is the realibility of the bike other than tires?  Has anyone had any problems(oil changes not included)with the breakin period?  This is the first 0 miles bike I've ever owned...all others been used so none of the prelim stuff to be done.  Any advice on that?
Take your time, listen to your bothas and check out those other places. I bet you can find a better deal. OR, maybe this time of year, and after that stupid movie, the demand for the
Bus could have increased across the board. But i would keep looking.

Im in AZ, my local shop has 2 brand new 02's left they are selling for $9199. Blk/Blue and all Black. Shipping could be between 2-4 hundred dollars

I have a canadian 2002 that I bought in Japan.
The factory warranty is good anywhere there is a suzuki dealer. As for the speed o get a yellow box. Go on ebay.

The canadian is the same bike except for badages and speed o. I imported mine and registered it in california no problem. I was expecting a hassle but it was so easy i thouht i shoulda bought 2.

FATJAP
beerchug.gif

I paid $9250 otd for an 02' in CT. He has none left. He is selling the 03's for $9700 otd. My buddy found an 02' in Boston for $9300 otd. Shipping is around $250. Check out Ebay also. You can have them shipped from them. When you register yours you will pay your state sales tax so take that into consideration before buying out of state.

I paid $9250 otd for an 02' in CT. He has none left. He is selling the 03's for $9700 otd. My buddy found an 02' in Boston for $9300 otd. Shipping is around $250. Check out Ebay also. You can have them shipped from them. When you register yours you will pay your state sales tax so take that into consideration before buying out of state.
One of the reasons I can look out of state....we have no state sales tax...hee hee hee.

Back