Shop Stands For"busa"?

james1300

Registered
Looking for ideas to get the front end up to change tire. I have "Pit Bull" stands. But, the BUSA is BIG.
Any suggestions? Want do this as safe as possible.

Pitbull stands are fine, you won't have any problems.

Unless I attempt to use a "Cheater" pipe over the handle, I won't be able to raise the rear. The front, I have two options. The fork stand or, the "pin" style.
Not sure if I can get the "pin" style under the front fairing.

I can get the pin style under my front fairing. Don't think it would be as easy if the the bike was lowered though, would probably have to remove the front fender first. I am sure someone here has done it and can chime in on a lowered bike.

Yes same issue when lowered. I use a the T-Rex stands which are very similar to Pitbull stands in black,

I can get the pin style under my front fairing. Don't think it would be as easy if the the bike was lowered though, would probably have to remove the front fender first. I am sure someone here has done it and can chime in on a lowered bike.

If the arm will still fit between the fender and fairing, driving the front tire up on a 2x4 makes it easier to lift a lowered bike.
I always throw an old towel over the front fender of any bike too.

A Bursig, or stand of that style is the easiest kind to use.
I have a regular rear stand, a forklift front stand(the kind mentioned above that lifts under the lower triple clamp), and a Bursig.
The Bursig is the best stand I've ever owned or used.

If the arm will still fit between the fender and fairing, driving the front tire up on a 2x4 makes it easier to lift a lowered bike.
I always throw an old towel over the front fender of any bike too.

Good tip with the towel. My bike isn't lowered and I don't have a problem. If I am removing the front tire I do use the 2×4 trick. I read about it on here before I ever tried taking the tire off the bike. I don't even know how hard it would be without it, never tried.

Good tip with the towel. My bike isn't lowered and I don't have a problem. If I am removing the front tire I do use the 2×4 trick. I read about it on here before I ever tried taking the tire off the bike. I don't even know how hard it would be without it, never tried.

Depends on the stand, but most front stands don't lift the Busa high enough to get the front wheel out with the gen2 fender still on.
The downward front slope on the fender keeps the wheel from rolling out.
I learned that the hard way...like most things.
Including the towel. It only took the pin arm dropping on the fender once, and a nice nick in the paint.

Depends on the stand, but most front stands don't lift the Busa high enough to get the front wheel out with the gen2 fender still on.
The downward front slope on the fender keeps the wheel from rolling out.
I learned that the hard way...like most things.
Including the towel. It only took the pin arm dropping on the fender once, and a nice nick in the paint.
The front wheel will roll out with the fender on with the Busa on the Bursig stand though!

Back