Shop in Denver/Imperial Motor Sports

Wannabe,

I appreciate you bud. Very well written and thought out. Faye Myers needs a smack in the face some how some way. This would work!

I just called my son after sending him your writeup in a text. He had just got off the phone with MV and express they have to take the ball on this for has has no intention of letting Faye Meyers work on his bike again. They took detailed notes to include VIN which should be tracked from dealers inputs for warranty. If they did the ignition and fuel pump then MV knows and if they didn't they know now. Faye Meyers should not be selling bikes they can't work on. MV indicated that someone from Head of Operations would be in touch with him very soon.

Lets see what's next. He does love the bike and prefers it to be perfect and enjoy it. I've got a good mind to put all this info on their FB page but I guess we need to let MV HQ's to their thing.

Thanks Orgsters!

I am unsure that this is a lemon as I do not trust anything the dealer determined including which of the parts supposedly failed. They may have proactively caused every problem that occurred beginning with the rearset swap, or alternatively misdiagnosed issues in the first place. It sounds like semantics as The Lemon Law would be an asset to help return the bike, but it needs to be considered when deciding if you want to keep the bike.

The bike needs a factory certified tech to bolt it together correctly, troubleshoot it and repair any existing problems. This dealership does not likely employ said person.

One question to ask moving forward is: If this was beautifully resolved, where would you go for the next valve check, general maintenance, or problem?

If you decide to try and get it repaired and keep it, I would type a letter to the US HQ of MVA and send it certified and overnight. End it with "What would you recommend that we do?" Make sure and include the detail for the record, "We are currently concerned with a disastrous fuel fire or explosion leading to someone's death." That is not an unfair exaggeration but it does behoove you to include practical considerations that companies by law have to address. If they do not address such they risk creating a massive liability for themselves. This detail can help assure that they take some sort of action on your behalf.

The car network has regional techs that are called in and charge $$$$$ to fix problems that techs worked weeks on, and this is the type of result I would hope for. It would be nice if MVA had a certified tech in your region and stuck them on the project. If I wanted to keep the bike that would be the one resolution I could agree to. No assurance from the dealer approaches this, which is why I do not think that pressure on the dealership has any value to you.

Real sorry to read this Mike . Might be time to move onto greener pastures of a not so exotic make / model . Not many Real technicians out there today . When I was in the field we all could do it from A to Z . Now they have you classed A, B , C techs . When you look at a shops repair time per a service program some things are far to short to be done incorrectly .
Most shops do not have the factory tooling to do some repairs correctly . Example the Kawasaki C14 rear diff seal driver . its a special bit about 400 bucks at dealer cost . Call around , and see who has one ;)

Your right and I would be but Cody is still in love with the bike and we know its really the dealer that has failed. Like you said below, they are not trained. They can do routine maintenance and I think that's about it. I bet the three of us with the help of the ORG can do better on this bike ourselves.

He has already received a response from MV indicating apology of the fuel leak. They have indicated according to their records the Fuel pump was replaced by Faye Meyer this past Jul. That may be but they told us this was just accomplished this past Saturday as they have been on hold waiting on parts.

You see, they are full of poop! They have lied to us to keep him on hold and not prioritizing workload and pushing him back while standard service etc kept moving along. Faye Myers is playing everyone and lying about dates as they have more work then they can manage and not properly prioritizing customers issues. They don't give a crap about that young man buying a $25,000 bike and a nearly 2K extended warranty! They never expected this fuel leak and him contacting MV directly. I hope they help.

BTW, a young man in town here with a brand new Apreilla had the same issues as this bike on his first day bought from Imperial Motor Sports in Denver. Imperial and Apreilla hooked this guy up with another new bike and upgraded to an 1100 vs his 1000. Damn, that is the way it should go!

Real sorry to read this Mike . Might be time to move onto greener pastures of a not so exotic make / model . Not many Real technicians out there today . When I was in the field we all could do it from A to Z . Now they have you classed A, B , C techs . When you look at a shops repair time per a service program some things are far to short to be done incorrectly .
Most shops do not have the factory tooling to do some repairs correctly . Example the Kawasaki C14 rear diff seal driver . its a special bit about 400 bucks at dealer cost . Call around , and see who has one ;)

Fuel Leak 1.jpg

Fuel Leak 2.jpg

They just worked on the fuel pump....now, a puddle. You will be bouncing back and forth on this some more. Next time, and there will be a "next time" then what. Another shop gets another kick at the can?
Its OK to love something...but when the horse breaks its leg...you have to take it out and shoot it.
I'd get the bike running well and let someone else fall in love with it.
All bikes are cool...the one's that start and ride on a consistent basis are a bit better thou.

Rubb.

Your right and I would be but Cody is still in love with the bike and we know its really the dealer that has failed. Like you said below, they are not trained. They can do routine maintenance and I think that's about it. I bet the three of us with the help of the ORG can do better on this bike ourselves.

He has already received a response from MV indicating apology of the fuel leak. They have indicated according to their records the Fuel pump was replaced by Faye Meyer this past Jul. That may be but they told us this was just accomplished this past Saturday as they have been on hold waiting on parts.

You see, they are full of poop! They have lied to us to keep him on hold and not prioritizing workload and pushing him back while standard service etc kept moving along. Faye Myers is playing everyone and lying about dates as they have more work then they can manage and not properly prioritizing customers issues. They don't give a crap about that young man buying a $25,000 bike and a nearly 2K extended warranty! They never expected this fuel leak and him contacting MV directly. I hope they help.

BTW, a young man in town here with a brand new Apreilla had the same issues as this bike on his first day bought from Imperial Motor Sports in Denver. Imperial and Apreilla hooked this guy up with another new bike and upgraded to an 1100 vs his 1000. Damn, that is the way it should go!

View attachment 1624998

View attachment 1624999
Hopefully mv will help him and I feel like they should do something between them and the dealer to get him on a brand new if not upgraded bike. I hope that the dealer was notified of all issues from day one starting with the loose rearset and i hope he made mv aware of every little thing he experienced and the fact the dealer blamed mv for his bike being away from him for 4 months. Tell him to get some correspondence thru email if possible from mv and the dealer and if something isn't done then he can take and post that stuff all over social media and have everyone he knows do the same and post it on the dealers pages as well. Unfortunately the world nowadays is all about social media but the one good thing is you can usually get their attention and a change of attitude from them if you give them enough bad attention. Company I work for literally gives thousands of dollars a week and sometimes a day to keep from getting any negative reviews since a lot of our parts sales and equipment is done online and everyone looks at reviews online.

Great advice Dopey. I told or explained to him yesterday in case he doesn't understand the value of correspondence. A certified letter as well as social medial is both a source of power. I'll share this with Cody as well and hope they make this right but from what I have seen of Faye Myers they don't care. One of the largest dealers in the US and they are with an attitude we don't need you... that is what I seen while there. Sales is super nice and that is the way that goes.

Hopefully mv will help him and I feel like they should do something between them and the dealer to get him on a brand new if not upgraded bike. I hope that the dealer was notified of all issues from day one starting with the loose rearset and i hope he made mv aware of every little thing he experienced and the fact the dealer blamed mv for his bike being away from him for 4 months. Tell him to get some correspondence thru email if possible from mv and the dealer and if something isn't done then he can take and post that stuff all over social media and have everyone he knows do the same and post it on the dealers pages as well. Unfortunately the world nowadays is all about social media but the one good thing is you can usually get their attention and a change of attitude from them if you give them enough bad attention. Company I work for literally gives thousands of dollars a week and sometimes a day to keep from getting any negative reviews since a lot of our parts sales and equipment is done online and everyone looks at reviews online.

Lift the tank. Its probably a loose hose clamp.
Agreed,for sure its something like that. But with this dealership,when told "I fixed it myself" that is not going to fly well, I guarantee it. They will drop the blame back in Skywalkers son's lap. If something,just about anything is under warranty,u cant mess with it.Some products/parts are sealed in a way,they will know if its been tampered with. An example for everyone. A friend rides a fairly new Triumph Bonnie. His phone rings,guy on the phone says this is so and so From Triumph...is everything OK? My bud says what do you mean? Guy says,well you lifted your seat. Bikes onboard whatever sent a signal via sattelite or whatever informing Triumph headquarters he had lifted the seat. Big Brother or what. If the bikes onboard is not told by a recognized dealer that a mandatory service interval has been performed,the bike shuts down and will not re-start. Back on point..... This dealer needs to send their pick-up vehicle,retrieve this POS and fix it right all at their cost. It's the price of doing business. MV should hear about this and pull their (dealership) franchise agreement if necessary. Looks bad on them (MV).Now,if neither one cares,dealer/MV then cool,that is a lot of how business runs today. They got their profit and now its...."fug you."
Get it repaired by anybody who can do it...sell it,move on.
Great advice Dopey. I told or explained to him yesterday in case he doesn't understand the value of correspondence. A certified letter as well as social medial is both a source of power. I'll share this with Cody as well and hope they make this right but from what I have seen of Faye Myers they don't care. One of the largest dealers in the US and they are with an attitude we don't need you... that is what I seen while there. Sales is super nice and that is the way that goes.

Exactly. Huge corporations don't really care that much anymore,they really don't. How many times have we been sukkered by big business.
I bought Windows ME. :laugh: People bought Ford Exploders/Pinto's. blah blah blah. Sure,recalls...even our mighty Hayabusa, a few times. Sounds like this MV has issues everyone knows about. Fine. Recall. Fix it right,GTG.
Anything less, just doesn't cut it.
I fully understand the love of something,ESPECIALLY a motorcycle. There is a special attachment between bike and rider. Non-bike people do not have an effing clue. But we do. This MV has issues,plus it may be a "Friday Assembly Run" who knows.
Write all the letters you want,take a stand,MV and this dealership are not going to say they are sorry,and if they do,they won't mean it.
I would park that thing outside that dealership with a sign on it that reads....whatever... "Buy your next piece piece of shi7 here"
I'm a cranky old fug...I would want out with a 100% refund. Sound extreme,yes it is,I'm a self proclaimed azzhole...but,I am also a customer.4 months in the shop. Where's my loaner? Money was spent on bike insurance for nothing while it sat. Don't know about the rest of the world,but if your Suzuki breaks down while you are on the road,Zook will fly the parts to the dealer you are at ASAP. 4 months is not ASAP. What,did they have to wait for, another production run? Were they out of the special plutonium to make said part.
I could be wrong...it could be all peaches and cream after this,the bike/MV/dealer could be gold for the next 20 years,unfortunately...
I doubt it.
Skywalker ,Cody,I do wish you success. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Also a letter from a lawyer does wonders. I'm lucky because I have several lawyers in my family so I can get it free. So a notice of my intention to seek a legal remedy usually gets their attention. I have never had to go beyond that first letter, suddenly they want to make things work out.

This.

Thanks Rub. All you guys have good advice and this all just freaking pisses me off.

Agreed,for sure its something like that. But with this dealership,when told "I fixed it myself" that is not going to fly well, I guarantee it. They will drop the blame back in Skywalkers son's lap. If something,just about anything is under warranty,u cant mess with it.Some products/parts are sealed in a way,they will know if its been tampered with. An example for everyone. A friend rides a fairly new Triumph Bonnie. His phone rings,guy on the phone says this is so and so From Triumph...is everything OK? My bud says what do you mean? Guy says,well you lifted your seat. Bikes onboard whatever sent a signal via sattelite or whatever informing Triumph headquarters he had lifted the seat. Big Brother or what. If the bikes onboard is not told by a recognized dealer that a mandatory service interval has been performed,the bike shuts down and will not re-start. Back on point..... This dealer needs to send their pick-up vehicle,retrieve this POS and fix it right all at their cost. It's the price of doing business. MV should hear about this and pull their (dealership) franchise agreement if necessary. Looks bad on them (MV).Now,if neither one cares,dealer/MV then cool,that is a lot of how business runs today. They got their profit and now its...."fug you."
Get it repaired by anybody who can do it...sell it,move on.

Exactly. Huge corporations don't really care that much anymore,they really don't. How many times have we been sukkered by big business.
I bought Windows ME. :laugh: People bought Ford Exploders/Pinto's. blah blah blah. Sure,recalls...even our mighty Hayabusa, a few times. Sounds like this MV has issues everyone knows about. Fine. Recall. Fix it right,GTG.
Anything less, just doesn't cut it.
I fully understand the love of something,ESPECIALLY a motorcycle. There is a special attachment between bike and rider. Non-bike people do not have an effing clue. But we do. This MV has issues,plus it may be a "Friday Assembly Run" who knows.
Write all the letters you want,take a stand,MV and this dealership are not going to say they are sorry,and if they do,they won't mean it.
I would park that thing outside that dealership with a sign on it that reads....whatever... "Buy your next piece piece of shi7 here"
I'm a cranky old fug...I would want out with a 100% refund. Sound extreme,yes it is,I'm a self proclaimed azzhole...but,I am also a customer.4 months in the shop. Where's my loaner? Money was spent on bike insurance for nothing while it sat. Don't know about the rest of the world,but if your Suzuki breaks down while you are on the road,Zook will fly the parts to the dealer you are at ASAP. 4 months is not ASAP. What,did they have to wait for, another production run? Were they out of the special plutonium to make said part.
I could be wrong...it could be all peaches and cream after this,the bike/MV/dealer could be gold for the next 20 years,unfortunately...
I doubt it.
Skywalker ,Cody,I do wish you success. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Ok, Cody was assigned a POC at MV and they contacted him via email. As well, Faye Meyer called him yesterday but he did not answer... I would have done the same thing. Don't need to talk as I would have nothing nice to say and non productive at that point. Cody Called his POC at MV whom is an After Sales GM. They understand his concern and said the guy was very nice. They have request Cody due a formal buy back request and said to submit it ASAP. They have no new 2019's to offer or would. No 2020 was made as it was end of production. So, I'm sure that they have a figure in their heads and suggested it would not be full price. He had approx 4-5 months or worry free riding. I'd like to see 90% of price back to include all the extended warranty money. Not to mention as you suggested above the loss of insurance money while dead in the water. All I can do is watch from here and maybe be there during their BS low ball buy back offer. Cody is super kind hearted and mostly non confrontation unless you push him and they want be that way. Me, I could get us in trouble. Its a wait and will see how it goes. I might be after the fact putting all this on their Facebook page and maybe suggest a ton of peeps emails as to what they think. After all, he is also a proud Busa owner. He is scheduled at Imperial Motor Sports for a Dyno tune Sept. Full Acro and lets she what this altitude does to his numbers. Both he and Great White has the Full Acro and they are an even race. Stock vs flashed. He wants more.

Back