Shop/garage in the pacific northwest

DCLXVII

Registered
Hey Everybody;

So, I'm a fairly new Busa owner here in the south Seattle area. I got my baby in the Autumn (got a pretty decent deal on her too) but being the paranoid type, I usually suspect that things like this are too good to be true. an '03 with 7250 miles. Owner was selling it because his wife busted him having a little too much fun :) Or at least that was his story.

She runs strong and smooth, but there are a couple things i worry about. There is sort of a "clacking" noise that i can hear at lower RPMS, but it's not loud enough to hear over the motor/exhaust over 3000-4000rpm. I don't know if it's bad valves or just noisy injectors (i'm new to fuel injected motors too...i had the same suspicion about my car, but it turns out the injectors are just loud :).

Another thing that i'm more worried about is that sometimes the clutch/tranny seems to slip if i'm getting on it hard in 2nd gear. No slipping in other gears so i kinda figure it's not the chain being stretched or loose. When it slips it's as if i had grabbed the clutch lever for just a fraction of a second and let it back out again, and it's only when i'm on heavy throttle in 2nd gear.

Anyway, I want to have these things looked at by somebody who knows how to work on them. I've put about 250 or so miles on her during the winter (yeah, I'm a wimp :) so I'd like an oil change and basic maintenance too. I'm pretty close to RMC, but I've had friends report less than stellar reviews about them... I don't want to go to a stealership because... well, because they're stealers :) Can anybody recommend some good independant shops in the greater Seattle area? Preferably nothing on the other side of the Cascades, but I could live with Issaquah or Everett if it's worth the travel...

Thanks in avance :)
-DCLXVII

<!--EDIT|DCLXVII
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145058159 -->

C'mon guys, I know there are lots of PNW riders, somebody has got to be able to tell me where the good stuff is.

You can bring it to Oregon if you like,I do do road calls i could meet you half way to pick it up and check it over and redeliver on a race weekend at kent or bremerton...lmk

Your in the wrong form, the hotest post section on the board is the Pacfic Northwest, come over and we can help you, welcome!

There are a few good places, but with only 7250 on the thing there are a couple quick places to look, the chain may need to be replaced or tightened, the spark plugs may be bad now, wrong gas is possible use good gas and 89, thats what she likes.

What mods does it have?

See over here

Your in the wrong form, the hotest post section on the board is the Pacfic Northwest, come over and we can help you, welcome!

There are a few good places, but with only 7250 on the thing there are a couple quick places to look, the chain may need to be replaced or tightened, the spark plugs may be bad now, wrong gas is possible use good gas and 89, thats what she likes.

What mods does it have?

See over here
you're right, I think I am in the wrong spot - that PNW thread looks like an ongoing thread, not so much as a forum. I thought it would be bad manners to just come by and start posting stuff that was completely off topic :)

The bike is completely stock. I took her for a ride yesterday and she's got almost 7900 miles on her now, so I guess I put on a couple more than I thought I did. I really hope it's something as simple as the stuff you mention, but i dunno. I've read here that everybody likes 89 octane gas, and i even checked the manual which says 89, but personally i find better performance when i use 92 so i just stick with that for the most part. it's a bit of a surprise that such a high performance machine will actually accept anything less than premium :) Usually I get Chevron because they were silly enough to give me a credit card, but I never go to Arco or the other "discount" gas stations.

Maybe i'll just be rude and post something totally off topic :). I just want to know which shop the board will recommend so I can be confident that I won't get ripped off, or go somewhere that has stupid monkeys working on my baby.

Back