Shooting

Can’t always stop stupid.. But do you know what the weapon you hunted with and what the capabilities of the bullet is.

Grown up hunting my whole life in Iowa. Never shot anyone or know anyone that got shot. I grew up pheasant hunting. 12 gauge 2 3/4 7shot wouldn’t kill a sparrow at 50 yards. Also hunted deer with a shotgun anything over 100 yards is a Long shot most wouldn’t shot over 50 yards. Maybe deadly over 150 never heard of anyone shooting a shotgun that far.

Still hunt now but I only bow hunt don’t own any firearms now.

Mind you just being a woman driver is enough to be shot at or not being a good loser playing video
games either :eek:

Yeah, I’ve never heard of anyone hunting with a shotgun for prey that’s 300’ away, that’s a whole football field, even with slugs.:confused:

Yeah, I’ve never heard of anyone hunting with a shotgun for prey that’s 300’ away, that’s a whole football field, even with slugs.:confused:
I use to shoot deer 100 yards away with slugs. Most guns won’t my dad has a Remington 870 smooth bore and that would hold pattern at 120 yards. I had a mossberb 500 with a rifled barel that would hold a pattern at 40 yards.

That bike he was on is the same model as I had, a GSXR1000K6.
Great bike, I wonder if the rider parked it up as it was after the shot, or did the cops pick it up off it's side? You'd expect the rider to crash after a shot in the back :confused:
There could have been any one of hundreds of reasons why he was shot or even 'targeted'.
Shooter may have had a beef with biker, relationship issues . . . who knows.
Hey, may have been a freak incident, total accident, stray bullet, who knows.
The only hope the investigating police have is for some one to come forward with info.
A bad day for motorcyclists in general :redface::(

Can’t always stop stupid.. But do you know what the weapon you hunted with and what the capabilities of the bullet is.

Grown up hunting my whole life in Iowa. Never shot anyone or know anyone that got shot. I grew up pheasant hunting. 12 gauge 2 3/4 7shot wouldn’t kill a sparrow at 50 yards. Also hunted deer with a shotgun anything over 100 yards is a Long shot most wouldn’t shot over 50 yards. Maybe deadly over 150 never heard of anyone shooting a shotgun that far.

I believe that would have to be the most challenging and gutsy way to hunt Mathew , your skills must be very good , even masterful to be successful with the compound bow .
As for the actual shooting incident , best to wait and hope for more info to come forward , before I'd like to comment . But I will just say , we all know there are some bad ass people out there for sure , whether they use a car / gun as a weapon can mean only one thing to motorcyclists or anyone for that matter , so take care to maintain and utilize every precaution to stay safe people , as you do .

Last edited:
Same sort of thing happened in Western Canada-a 16 yr old was arrested. Only speculation but the shooter probably was looking for a target of opportunity and a motorcyclist is vulnerable as a soft target.

u have no firearms? none? I think everyone ought to have a shotgun... if only for home defense… the sound of a 12 guage cocking is...….. mesmerizing.

Back