Shoei X-14 help

HJC makes good helmets, and they fit like Shoeis.
I knew a couple guys who had the previous gen HJC cf, and their only gripe was that it weighed the same as the other HJC's.
From what I've read they lightened the new cf some.
It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on it after some miles.
Come back and let us know.
Looks like a great lid, congrats:beerchug:

My new lid is the hjc rpha 70 full cf.
Replacement for my Shoei rf1200
the hjc is amazingly light and super quiet.
And as @sixpack577 mentioned, the fit is very Shoei like.
Im a fan now of hjc
That's what I have as well.....I find the top vent destabilizes it at speed though...

I've had guys pick it up and comment on how light it is...and it fits perfectly even after 2 seasons.

X15 isn't on the horizon for 2022 or 2023 is what I was told by a Yosh rep or dealer rep not sure who he was affiliated with but he's usually spot on when he shares info...
I am looking forward to seeing how it can be improved upon tho... my X14 is a little drafty from the chin curtain I'm told... some cloth tape will fix it and be totally customizable to my liking. By then maybe the Transitions shield will be available and I will definitely grab one for my RF1400 and most likely an x15.
One can never have too many helmets... at least that's what women say about shoes so I am gonna run with that!

Curious why no one seems to run with a Schuberth Helmet. I have run with them since I hopped off my Harley a few years back now and got rid of the rivet head look. I find them to be incredibly quiet, I have tried Bell and others and found them quite loud compared to Schuberth so I stayed with them. I really like the idea of the photochromic shield and in fact am reaching out to the factory to see if they can offer said coating on any of the shields. Great review on the Shoei, and now the HJC - interesting.
20190313_164502.jpg

I have a Shoei RF1400 and absolutely love how quiet it is, it doesn’t vent the best but certainly not bad. It’s Transition visor capable but they’re not ready yet. So… I bought an X-14 and while it vents better than the RF it isn’t as quiet but is lighter and I guess it’s their race helmet and, I have the Transition visor for it as it’s an older helmet.
Love them both but I do keep hearing about the Schubert and how good they are… maybe I’ll give it a try next go round

I only have Shark helmets as they are the best fit for my head.
I have the Speed R Carbon and the Vision R GT Carbon.
They are both lightweight and comfortable. The Vision R GT i can only ware in the summer months when the sun is at its highest. But the extra field of view is great. They both have the inner visior which i like and it does not hit my glasses. The Vision R GT also has the air pump system, so you can pump it up to a realy snug fit. So with the larger viewing area and the snug fit of the Vision R GT its great when going at speed.

I only have Shark helmets as they are the best fit for my head.
I have the Speed R Carbon and the Vision R GT Carbon.
They are both lightweight and comfortable. The Vision R GT i can only ware in the summer months when the sun is at its highest. But the extra field of view is great. They both have the inner visior which i like and it does not hit my glasses. The Vision R GT also has the air pump system, so you can pump it up to a realy snug fit. So with the larger viewing area and the snug fit of the Vision R GT its great when going at speed.
Can you get a transitions/photocramatic sheild and a pinlock on the Vision R GT?
I love those and wouldn't be without them.
Have them on my Shoei(my favorite for decades), and had it on the first gen Bell Star(when they had a Shoei fit, then they added more forehead room and they no longer fit my head).

Can you get a transitions/photocramatic sheild and a pinlock on the Vision R GT?
I love those and wouldn't be without them.
Have them on my Shoei(my favorite for decades), and had it on the first gen Bell Star(when they had a Shoei fit, then they added more forehead room and they no longer fit my head).
When I was shopping for a helmet I came across my HJC RPHA 70ST which has a drop down tinted shield...it's awesome....

But I see the validity of the photocramatic shields as well.

When I was shopping for a helmet I came across my HJC RPHA 70ST which has a drop down tinted shield...it's awesome....

But I see the validity of the photocramatic shields as well.
I like those as well, but a few things get me.
That I don't know what, if any, effects there are to the strength of the helmet in a crash by having the drop down sheild and it's mount and track in there.
That they can fog.
And that you only have clear or dark, as well as having to reach up and flip it up or down early or late in the day alot, as the sun is lower, and there can be alot of bright and dark spots, especially on twisty mountain roads.
The photocramatic sheilds tint within a range of light to dark, and it is literally instantly.
The veiw through the sheild looks the same throughout the day or night, regardless of conditions, and I have never had an issue with glare since using them for over a decade now.
Especially with the benefit of a pinlock/anti-fog insert.
If you've never tried one, don't...unless you want to buy one, lol.
As soon as I saw those lens in eyeglasses(that I fortunately do not need) I hoped for the day someone would make helmet sheilds with them.
Try one, they are the best piece of gear tech to come along in years!

I like those as well, but a few things get me.
That I don't know what, if any, effects there are to the strength of the helmet in a crash by having the drop down sheild and it's mount and track in there.
That they can fog.
And that you only have clear or dark, as well as having to reach up and flip it up or down early or late in the day alot, as the sun is lower, and there can be alot of bright and dark spots, especially on twisty mountain roads.
The photocramatic sheilds tint within a range of light to dark, and it is literally instantly.
The veiw through the sheild looks the same throughout the day or night, regardless of conditions, and I have never had an issue with glare since using them for over a decade now.
Especially with the benefit of a pinlock/anti-fog insert.
If you've never tried one, don't...unless you want to buy one, lol.
As soon as I saw those lens in eyeglasses(that I fortunately do not need) I hoped for the day someone would make helmet sheilds with them.
Try one, they are the best piece of gear tech to come along in years!
I take it you have never used a drop down visor...?

My HJC is rated higher than most helmets and is the carbon version so weighs very little, it rated a 4 out of 5 on the SHARP test which was higher than the Shoei GT Air.

The drop down visor is anti-fog and covers the entire opening of the helmet so there are no spots for the sun to blind you and it is very simple to drop down or lift up.

The only drawback to my helmet is I believe the large top air vent is catching air at speed making it a bit unstable as it will vibrate a bit at speed.

I can see the benefits of the photocramatic shield but I won't knock the drop down visor either, it works great.

I take it you have never used a drop down visor...?

My HJC is rated higher than most helmets and is the carbon version so weighs very little, it rated a 4 out of 5 on the SHARP test which was higher than the Shoei GT Air.

The drop down visor is anti-fog and covers the entire opening of the helmet so there are no spots for the sun to blind you and it is very simple to drop down or lift up.

The only drawback to my helmet is I believe the large top air vent is catching air at speed making it a bit unstable as it will vibrate a bit at speed.

I can see the benefits of the photocramatic shield but I won't knock the drop down visor either, it works great.
No
I tried an HJC about 10 years ago, when they were new.
I would like to think that they have improved since then.

No
I tried an HJC about 10 years ago, when they were new.
I would like to think that they have improved since then.
I had a couple and liked them, then I read all the reviews on this helmet before going to look at one...as soon as I put it on I knew it was for me...it fits perfectly and is so light it's crazy.

Back