Shoei RF1000 or HJC FS-15 Carbon helmet?

rf1000 is pretty light, very comfortable, and has really good ventalation. Downside is that it fogs up like nobodies business, its a little pricey unless you find a sale(which are everywhere right now). Dont really know much about the fs-15 helmet...never had one.:whistle:

Two different levels here. Shoei is lighter, better ventialted and customer support very good.

Go with Shoei or Arai.

Never owned a Shoei but I really like my HJC carbon:thumbsup:

100_2852.jpg

I love my RF1000. However, as mentioned, it fogs up like a champion. I finally bought a pinlock shield for mine and it's much, much better.

Have you tried them BOTH on....?

The reason I ask is because I looked at the HJC Carbon but it didn't fit my head right. The SHOEI ended up fitting a LOT better so I ended up with it. Plus, it came in the matching Suzuki color so it was a win-win even though it was a little more $$... :thumbsup:

The reason I ask is because I looked at the HJC Carbon but it didn't fit my head right. The SHOEI ended up fitting a LOT better so I ended up with it. Plus, it came in the matching Suzuki color so it was a win-win even though it was a little more $$... :thumbsup:

x2 on the fit. i tried on an arai and it didnt fit my head shape anything like the shoei i ended up with. theyre all cut a little diff.

I've tried both on and they fit good on me. The Carbon HJC was slightly lighter feeling then the Shoei was when I walked around the store. I also seemed to be able to see to the side better with the HJC.
The only bad things about the RF1000 is the fogging and the non removable/replaceable liner. Living in Florida takes it toll on the liner and it's good to be able to replace it every year.

The RF1100 has removable liner maybe i'll try one of them on..

Thanks alot for the info and help guys.

I have the Gen 1 HJC Carbon, i love it! its light and fits my melon perfectly. Try on both and go from there

I have two RF-1000's and loving it. In case you guys haven't heard of this, I have the clear and the dark and NEVER fogs up no matter how cold it is. Been out there when the temperature's in the teens and still won't fog up. Here you go.
http://www.compacc.com/p.cfm/c/1205003/p/16479

Last edited:
You have to try them on. I really wanted an rf-1000, but it just doesn't fit me, and therefore I couldn't live with it. I now have an HJC IS-16 and love it. The integrated sunshield is great, and the fit is the best for me.

Back