Shoei RF-1100 shield prices

Tm@nFL

Registered
Hey all..

Looking at buying a Shoei RF-1100 helmet. I have tried it on, fits good and have the size I need.
The issue I have with the Shoei RF-1100 is the cost of the replace Shoei Spectra Shield for X-Twelve and RF-1100 Helmets. They are around $85 for one. I think that is about crazy for the price a shield that gets scratched easily.

Does anyone know a good aftermarket mirrored/tinted shield for the Shoei RF-1100. I have seen the on the forum that a large % of org members have Shoei helmets. I have found a few but they do not say if they are UVA/UVB.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to e-bay and search CW-1 you will find many replacement shields starting at $20 and some Spectra colors from $26, yes I know they are not genuine Shoei but I seen/had some aftermarket shields and you cannot tell a difference between them and the originals. Quality or vision clarity. I'm sure there are junk ones out there also but if you want the best you gotta pay for it. ???

Same as buying a Chevette and replace the "he" with "or" and you can have a Corvette. :rofl:

If you go to e-bay and search CW-1 you will find many replacement shields starting at $20 and some Spectra colors from $26, yes I know they are not genuine Shoei but I seen/had some aftermarket shields and you cannot tell a difference between them and the originals. Quality or vision clarity. I'm sure there are junk ones out there also but if you want the best you gotta pay for it. ???

Same as buying a Chevette and replace the "he" with "or" and you can have a Corvette. :rofl:

I was hoping for some links or names that you used that are good.. You are so right about getting what you pay for.. but $85 for a shield is crazy. I like to get new ones every 4 months or so. I hate scratches. I use a microfiber cloth and all that but I always end up hitting the shield on a zipper or something to scratch it.

Might just buy a good one and a cheap one to compare.
Thanks for the info!

I have had my iridium sheild for 5 months and no scratches and I clean it all the time.It all depends what you use the wipe and clean the shield.I use actual lense/shield cleaner with soft cloth.

Rollin20z.. thanks for the links. I think I am going to buy a blue irudium from the list on ebay. Bought the new Shoei RF-1100 Chroma Helmet in blue. Karnage, will try the lens cleaner on the shields from now on. That is a good idea. I have some laying around for glasses.

2012-Shoei-RF-1100-Chroma-Helmet-TC-2.jpg

Rollin20z.. thanks for the links. I think I am going to buy a blue irudium from the list on ebay. Bought the new Shoei RF-1100 Chroma Helmet in blue. Karnage, will try the lens cleaner on the shields from now on. That is a good idea. I have some laying around for glasses.

no problem, just remember to try and check out their feedback and see if they have any complaints on the shields there selling first. I mean it would seem like it would be hard to mess up coping a piece of plastic but you know people now a days can mess up about anyhting if their just trying to make a quick buck.

Also as far as cleaning, all I have been doing is misting my helmet/shields with a good spray wax and wiping them down. Takes off bugs pretty easily and gives helmet a nice shine/protectant. And no, I haven't had any problems or any kind of streaking from it on any of my shields. I use it on clear,spectra,smoked,chrome pretty much any I have and it cleans,shines and works great. Spray on and wipe off with either micro fiber or the blue shop paper towels which I always carry a couple in my pocket on rides. I know they may feel stiff at first but I've never had them scratch anything and after a lil while in your pocket while riding they will soften up and feel like a piece of cotton t-shirt material. And I have shields that have lasted all season and still look good.

Back