SHOEI RF 1000 SUCKS!

Re: SHOEI RF 1000 SUCKS!

Use ear plugs, and get helmet speakers. I just did 4500 miles, and without earplugs, I would be deaf. Most people don't realize it, or are too macho to believe it, but even moderate highway speeds (70mph) will induce permanent hearing damage. There is absolutely no benefit to not using earplugs if you are doing highway riding. Use them every time you do such riding. I keep a pair or two in each of my jackets just in case. It makes the ride a heck of a lot more enjoyable not to be distracted by the near-pain of wind noise. And a good helmet-mounted speaker system will be able to project through earplugs (provided you don't get overly-strong plugs. 20dB or so is recommended for helmet-mounted speakers.)

I also carry earplugs in all my jackets. Been using Peltors from walmart. They are florescent green and pliable. But they have discontinued them.

Re: SHOEI RF 1000 SUCKS!

I also carry earplugs in all my jackets. Been using Peltors from walmart. They are florescent green and pliable. But they have discontinued them.

Hey Valk....a few years back, I went to a local Grainger...they carry contractor supplies. I bought a box of EAR classic superfit 33. There were 200 pairs in there for $30. Best foam plugs out there and at 200 prs., they'll last awhile! BTW, Grainger may have a web site...

My Shoei X-11 fits great, I use a Sirius Stiletto 2, so noise isn't a problem for me either.:thumbsup:

I love my Shoei RF1000. Best helmet I ever had. I don't find wind noise a problem but do wear ear plugs on long rides.

Shoei do a Whisper strip to reduce wind noise. Fits around the bottom of your helmet:
Whisper Strip Special

I love my RF1000..... the first one saved my life so I bought one just like it when I got the replacement.

I have two 1000's.....noisy you bet....especially above 80mph......but then again, I discovered earplugs years ago....and I finally scored some Sennheiser in-ear ear plugs and Metalica never sounded so good above 150........ Shoei Rocks !!! :super:

The noise originates below the helmet under the rim by your neck.....buy a ProLine Windjammer II helmet gator and drop the noise 50%, then put the plugs in and hear nothing at all.......except your breathing, of course... :oldcool:

shoei rf 1000 and a pair of ear plugs is way too quiet. i can't hear engine roar. is that a good thing? i don't know. but silence do not offend me either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back