shoei face shield

aicwould

Registered
Hello all,

I am looking to change up my face shield to either the hi-def yellow or hi-def amber. I am not sure which one to get. I'm guessing that the yellow will be like a pair of shooting glasses.
Thanks
gib

When racing motorcross, I prefered the yellow on night tracks. Took some glare off the lights and provided more contrast and definition. I used an amber lens on overcast and cloudy days for the same reasons. I didn't like either in the sunlight and would usually choose a Iridium or smoke. That said, the only way I'd buy an amber or yellow shield for my Shoei wold be for the track in special conditions. I use a Iridium most of time, switching to a clear at night or at the drag strip.

The reason that I am thinking about a coloured shield is I commute in Michigan on a dark road but have a ton of traffic in the other lane (US-12 for those who are from around here). I have looked at the shoei shields that have to posts on them to connect a hi-def shield. I agree that the iridium colour is the best for summer and bright days. But the dam fall is coming sooner and sooner....

thanks,
gib

(aicwould @ Oct. 11 2006,16:15) The reason that I am thinking about a coloured shield is I commute in Michigan on a dark road but have a ton of traffic in the other lane (US-12 for those who are from around here).  I have looked at the shoei shields that have to posts on them to connect a hi-def shield.  I agree that the iridium colour is the best for summer and bright days.  But the dam fall is coming sooner and sooner....

thanks,
gib
When I lived in Michigan, I took US-23 -> I-94 -> M-52 -> US-12 to work and back. Drove straight through Manchester unless I took the super-secret shortcut. Is your bike one of the white ones?

No i have a 05 Red and Black. I have seen the guy on the white one but not recently. 12 is a fun ride when its warm and sunny..... not so much in the rain.

Did you buy your bike in Ann Arbor? The guy on the white bike bought it right after I bought mine from Nicholson's (a pretty nice place but small compared to the dealers down here)

no bought it at rossenues south of garden city. Got a good price on it but the sales staff pretty slimmie. I got my wifes 06 gixxer 600 in coldwater, mi at brick yard and i will by my next busa from there good people out the door pricing. And on top of that no B.S. from that dealer.

What shoei do you have?

I have a high def yellow, it works well at night on an empty road. Took some time to get used to the passing cars and street lights.

Overall I like it, but it didnt work well with my eyes and the HID.

sheild1.jpg

shield2.jpg

shield.jpg

We can work somthing out if you want to try it out.

LMK

Get an iridium or dark smoke for daylight, but I tell you what I use my dark smoke at night w/ no problems. Used a clear until someone said they had no prob w/ it...I tried and have no diffs.

I use a mirror during the day, but I cant wear a smoke or mirror at night unless I'm in the city where there are street lights

(heavybusa @ Oct. 11 2006,14:56) I use a mirror during the day, but I cant wear a smoke or mirror at night unless I'm in the city where there are street lights
Agreed HB...if you're out in rural areas with no streetlights it can be dark...perfect vision helps as well.

However I've been out on some full moon nights wear you could literally read a book outside.

I use the amber on brite days and the yellow at night. The yellow during the day on Sunny days is just tooooooo brite for me for very long. Makes my eyes get tired and gives me a headache ! Night time the yellow is great though  
beerchug.gif

Back