Shocked While Showering......

I was in South America in the mid '90s and the showers that we had were wired with heaters that attached to the shower head. They would shock the crap out of you. So we built a small water tower with at 5k tank painted black on top. It was warmed by the sun and it worked much better...

Sounds like someone didnt use a megger to varify ground is "grounded". Path of least resistance was through the soldier(sad). Inlaws had a house one time where the shower would give you a small shock.

I think part of the problem is that you can't get a good ground with the sandy type soil they have over there. They probably need to drive the rods in further to get the required earth ground. I'd be surprised if some kind of safety bulletin hasn't been issued on this already, seeing as how many years we've had operations over in that theater.

I was temporarily evicted from my building (our whole unit was) until KBR came in and re-wired it after the Task Force Safe inspection... You should see these buildings. Wow. But hey - I could be sleeping in a tent and not have showers available...

Back