Shock/spring recommendations for 72 wb gen 2

sicksixty

Registered
Right lane, 72" stock motor Gen2 on a Shinko and stock shock with nitrous.

Looks good! I'll be doing mostly 1/8th mile as well.

Is that really a stock shock? Or has it been revalved and the spring changed?
Also, how much nitrous?

Hays Revolution hand slider. I wouldn’t be as consistent with a stock type hand clutch.
I've been looking into that clutch. It looks really nice!
How is it driving under part throttle?

Dennis

Registered
Looks good! I'll be doing mostly 1/8th mile as well.

Is that really a stock shock? Or has it been revalved and the spring changed?
Also, how much nitrous?

I've been looking into that clutch. It looks really nice!
How is it driving under part throttle?
It really is stock shock, stock spring. Not my bike but I know it well. He sprayed everything from 40 to 70 and it didn't make any difference in ET or MPH so I can't say how much in that vid. I do know it was set for 50% in 1st gear so somewhere between 20 and 35 hp. He liked to run a LOT of gear, like 17/48 and the riders were light. A shock would have helped that bike as it did have trouble down track staying hooked.

The Hays Revolution clutch is fine for driving part throttle, but really light part throttle. It has adjustable static springs so your setting on that makes a noticeable difference. For sure they are good enough to ride the return road and the pits so no push bike is needed. I've never tried cranking down the static to really ride on the street. I don't think there would be enough to make it like a stock clutch on the street but you should be able to cruise to the local bike night or do a 30 mile cruise for a street bike race, just no messing around. Turbo guys seem to prefer the MTC Gen-2 but for nitrous the Hays seems hard to beat to me. I've run all season on my pink bike and the plates/fibers look like new.

sicksixty

Registered
It really is stock shock, stock spring. Not my bike but I know it well. He sprayed everything from 40 to 70 and it didn't make any difference in ET or MPH so I can't say how much in that vid. I do know it was set for 50% in 1st gear so somewhere between 20 and 35 hp. He liked to run a LOT of gear, like 17/48 and the riders were light. A shock would have helped that bike as it did have trouble down track staying hooked.

The Hays Revolution clutch is fine for driving part throttle, but really light part throttle. It has adjustable static springs so your setting on that makes a noticeable difference. For sure they are good enough to ride the return road and the pits so no push bike is needed. I've never tried cranking down the static to really ride on the street. I don't think there would be enough to make it like a stock clutch on the street but you should be able to cruise to the local bike night or do a 30 mile cruise for a street bike race, just no messing around. Turbo guys seem to prefer the MTC Gen-2 but for nitrous the Hays seems hard to beat to me. I've run all season on my pink bike and the plates/fibers look like new.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm planning on running 17/47 gearing on mine.

I'm surprised for sure. The stock shock/spring is working pretty well on that bike.

The Revolution definitely looks nice! I don't really do much street riding at all.
Just driving somewhere close to do some testing. Sounds like it will work.

Mr Brown

Registered

Good info here. I knew the rider was light, but surprised at how well it left with a stock shock at that length.

Latest Bikes

• Hayabusa Addict
    From back to front; 2014 9.99 index champion 2005 all motor class...
    • Motonutz916
    • Updated:
  • My Gen 3 Busa
    Photos of my 10 year freshen up on my 2009 Hayabusa. Parts highlights...
    • fallenarch
    • Updated:
  • Art 05 Hayabusa
    hayabusa 05
    • VIPER
    • Updated:
  • toads L2
    L2 as it is ridden today
    • ROADTOAD1340
    • Updated:
  • Busa in another part of Cornwall
    Cotehele pretty spot but residents didn't appreciate the Busa. I guess...
    • Grumpyoldjohn
    • Updated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DjDaxBoogie