shipping plastics

aham

Registered
Hi,
I need to ship busa plastics full set. Can anyone share their experience shipping plastics? I am looking for how much it will cost and which carrier they used. Also curious to know the best way to pack all of them?
Thank you!
hari

Someone here will chip in soon as its not going to be cheap thanks to the dimensions of them

I sent a full set of plastics and the tank 1/2 way across the country UPS for just over $200. Don't go to one of the stores to ship, they will add about 50% to the fee. Box it up good and take it to the terminal yourself.

It might be obvious but pack it tight so there is little to no friction...that may damage the paint.

It takes five minutes to activate an account on USPS website.
Then you can print shipping labels right from your printer no special one needed.
You can schedule to have it all picked up for free.
And you get discounted rates by printing labels online.

I've always used USPS Priority Mail for anything up to 70lbs.
I recently mailed both side fairings for a 2009 for $27 each insured.
Yesterday I shipped out the front nose fairing in a box which was 24x24x12
and it cost $51 insured. 2-3 day domestic delivery.

Thanks for the info guys! One more question about packing..
Do you bubble wrap the fairings and fill the box with paper or something else? Also r u shipping it as fragile or regular shipping with insurance is fine?

The stuff I sent was already scratched and take offs from a crash.
When I received parts new in the mail they were not bubble wrapped just foam padding in boxes. Can't hurt though.

Bubble wrap and foam peanuts

100_2510.jpg

100_2501.jpg

OEM come wrapped in foam sheets, I paid $100 for UPS from NJ to upstate ny for a full set.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Back