Shipping long/heavy exhaust?

buda315

Registered
I just sold a set of stock exhaust off of a cruiser I also own. I specified free shipping, thinking it would be around $50 or so. I'm using ebay and getting estimates of $120 via Fedex and even more through UPS. Holy $&*t!!!

Anybody got any advice on the cheapest way to ship a full exhaust system? It's over 6' long and I am guestimating 55lbs or so.

can u deal with seller? show him proof of shipping cost.. .. im sure he would understand, or at least tell ya to cancel..

Yup, that will do it. Didn't want to have to take it apart as their are two crossovers and lots of welded parts. Pain in the butt, but I have it into manageable size pieces now. The mufflers even came off the headers easier than some have in the past.

Thanks for the advice.

All good.

can u deal with seller? show him proof of shipping cost.. .. im sure he would understand, or at least tell ya to cancel..

That was my next step. Between all the fees, paypal and ebay and shipping I might as well have recycled them. I hate hanging onto old exhaust as I have a shed full of them. Selling local is so limited and shipping is a pain.

Now they are in pieces and I will ship them out as planned for a much more reasonable $$.$$

Thanks for responding guys.

Break it down as much as possible and then ship with FedEx. I've been using them for everything lately, it shouldn't be THAT much

Send it through Grey Hound bus service.

Yeah most people don't know about the greyhound bus option. I just mailed my brother in law a car seat. Fed ex wanted like $60 and I sent it in a greyhound for $25 an it was there 24 hours later. The only thing is they don't drop it off at a specific location. You have to go to the greyhound station and pick it up.

Before break down it was about $120-$140 FedEx to UPS. After break down into much smaller (shorter) box, shipping via FedEx came to $36.56. Ahhh much cheaper. I can live with that.

I thought the Grey Hound suggestion was a joke. Now I see it is not. Good to know. How exactly does that work? That just sounds weird.

Back