shinko ultra 003

Slowboy

Registered
Wondering how many miles you can get out of this tire? Road and strip. Thinking about buying one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't know about the 003's, but I am running the 005's and got almost 3,000 out of the rear before it got a hole in it. Still had about half the tread left. I am not a real aggresive rider, but no sloutch either. Seems to hold their own.

I have yet to try the 003's, but they get great reviews from the folks at the track.

005's are a great tire. I found they gripped very well in all weather conditions. Rain, cold roads and they were excellent. The rear went 6800 miles before it was replaced. That's with a mix of touring and agrressive street riding.

The 009's are a great touring tire. I WOULD NOT push these tires in the corners. I have found that they would break lose on me if they were the slightest bit cold or wet. I found they slide easy on moderate braking, too. However, you will get a lot of mileage out of them!

my 2 cents on Shinko's

Happy shopping!

Last edited:
I too am not sure about the 003's. I can attest to the 005's in that they are a really good tire for the price. I've had them on foar about a month now with some really aggressive highway and street riding, and haven't had any problems. They warm-up fairly quickly and you don't get that "round edge" feeling in the middle. Cornering is very good as you can push them through with no problem. Wet-weather traction is really good. It hasn't started getting cold here in Japan yet, but I'm sure that they will do just fine when the season comes. My two Abe Lincolns.

Last edited:
I have yet to try the 003's, but they get great reviews from the folks at the track.

what?????? say it isnt so.....this needs documentation!! ASAP....my honor is at stake for supporting shinkos!!

I have about 1000 miles and 35 or 40 passes on it. Still good tread left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shinko 003 was newly installed on my bike. Now has about 3000 miles of not too aggressive street riding and has lots of tread to spare. I would not, however, recommend it for the street mostly because the tread pattern does not handle rain well - just too slippery in even light rain. Drag racers like the 003 as a cheap tire that hooks up and lasts ok. The Shinko 005 or others would be a better choice for the street.

i didnt much care for the shinko. It seemed like the tire was a little flat in shape???? when i first had it put on it seemed like my handling went down quite a bit. Dunno could have been me i guess. The pilot powers seemed to be rounded more and maintain the handling better. Dunno just my 2 cents.

i didnt much care for the shinko. It seemed like the tire was a little flat in shape???? when i first had it put on it seemed like my handling went down quite a bit. Dunno could have been me i guess. The pilot powers seemed to be rounded more and maintain the handling better. Dunno just my 2 cents.

That is the main reason drag racers use it. I have a different wheel and tire that I use fr the street and then I have the shinko mounted on a different wheel.

To the OP if your going to run it for drag only it would be a good choice. I'm only running on mine now because I will get a new one before next season starts. It is flatter in shape than other tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back