Shinko Question?

Popie

Registered
I have a 190 Shinko Ultra Soft on my Busa now. The clearance to the chain is about 1/8". I am going to a Shinko Hook Up. The profile of the Hook Up is different then the Ultar Soft. Anyone know if a 200 Hook Up will fit my Busa without any clearance problems at the chain.
Thanks...

From a bunch of the guys I race with, I don't recall them having any clearance issues with the chain.

I ran a 200 and was fine.
The 190 Ultra Soft is so close to the chain. But the 190 Hook Up is noticeable narrower. I thought I might be able to go to the 200 in the Hook Up. But wanted to put the question out there to be sure.
Thanks...

Your Hayabusa will be quicker ~ with a 180 and stock gears *
did you just type that YOURSELF?

GUYS.....IT IS TRYING TO TALK TO US..........

maxresdefault.jpg

Your Hayabusa will be quicker ~ with a 180 and stock gears *
I'm always looking for quicker. My biggest problem with the Ultra Soft is traction. And you know how most think. And I'm no different. Bigger is Better. Or is it?

What is your setup? Guys go really fast on a 190 Hookup.
Pretty simple setup. Stock motor, 1 tooth down on the front, 8" stretch, flashed with an air shifter. Running a 190 Ultra Soft now. Going to a Hook Up. Was going to go with the 190. But because of the difference in the Hook Up and Ultra Soft profiles I think the 200 would fit. Thought I'd get some other opinions before I order the tire. Not sure if there would even be a noticable difference between the 190 and 200. other then a slight weight difference. The foot print has to be pretty close to the same.

Pretty simple setup. Stock motor, 1 tooth down on the front, 8" stretch, flashed with an air shifter. Running a 190 Ultra Soft now. Going to a Hook Up. Was going to go with the 190. But because of the difference in the Hook Up and Ultra Soft profiles I think the 200 would fit. Thought I'd get some other opinions before I order the tire. Not sure if there would even be a noticable difference between the 190 and 200. other then a slight weight difference. The foot print has to be pretty close to the same.
Personally I would (and do) just run the 190 Hookup. Works fine.

Personally I would (and do) just run the 190 Hookup. Works fine.
I think that's what I'm going to do. Should be a good difference between that and the Ultra Soft I'm running now. Just got a reply from Chris Moore. He also said 190. That has to be good advice.

Back