Shinko Drag hookup slipping on bead

wildbusa07

Registered
Was at the track this weekend and noticed that my shinko drag hookup tire was spinning on the bead, so I marked the rim and tire with a crayon and each pass the rim spun about an inch on the bead.

Is this something that is a common occurrence?

Is there a fix for this?

Don't use tire lube to mount the tire and your issue will most likely cure itself.

I never use tire lube to mount race tires.

The bike makes 201hp / 121tq. Figured out the issue, seems that the dealer used something for bead lube that is super slippery and does not dry out. I broke the bead and cleaned it all off and mounted it dry. Made 15 passes last night and no slip at all, so this was not a tire issue, it was an install issue.

Thanks all for the help.

no lube, and use a cement or hair spray! Similar to putting grips on, use anything but air or hairspray and the will slip. i have a slick, more hp and it will move less than an inch in a season. :beerchug:

The bike makes 201hp / 121tq. Figured out the issue, seems that the dealer used something for bead lube that is super slippery and does not dry out. I broke the bead and cleaned it all off and mounted it dry. Made 15 passes last night and no slip at all, so this was not a tire issue, it was an install issue.

Thanks all for the help.

cool- you realize i was just jokin, right?? dont have anything against shinkos- except they didn't get 2000 miles on my buell... gripped well tho...

Back