Shinko 190 or 200 rear

erinehart5001

Registered
hey guys i know this has probably been asked several times, well i know it has i did a search to see if a shinko 003 200 would fit properly. what i would like is a picture if anyone has it of a shinko 190 or 200 on the busa to see how much wider it would look. please help, looking to get a new set of tires and the dealer told me the way the shinko is made it looks wider--any info--

thanks
eric

The stock BT56 is a 198 even though they call it a 190. I have run 200's before with no problem.

wider just means less traction on a stock rim. For max traction, go with a 180 on the stock 190 rim.

(300Busa @ Jan. 29 2007,08:22) wider just means less traction on a stock rim.  For max traction, go with a 180 on the stock 190 rim.
180/55/17 is the best for the twisties

Shinko 190,not a good pic but I will take one when I get home later,for you.not much clearence to chain.think a 200 might rub but dont know this for sure. ride and cornering is very good,no issues.also have a shinko up front...stock size

Busa1.jpg

Although not available for another month or two there are two new tire sizes coming:
Dunlop Qualifier 200/55 and Michelin PP2ct 190/55.
On a more personal note: The money you save by buying a Stinko might be spent on repairing your bike or, God forbid, medical bills. Tires are a bad choice to save a little money bro.

I run the 200 Maxxis supermaxx, awsome tire. I ran it throught he dragon with no problems. It sticks like glue and lasts a long time (I ride pretty hard and get 5 to 6K out of them). You can get it on motoxoutlet.com for about $98. Its the best money I have spent. If you have a stock chain it will clear with no problems, but will be close. An after market chain like the zvx I have will rub just barely. No chicken stips here. If you like to turn, stay away from the shinko, thats more of a drag tire. If you like to drag, there you go.

Nostripssmall.JPG

One more, not the best pics but you get an idea. The Maxxis has a round profile while the shinko is flat. The Maxxis looks great in there.

P4250032__Medium_.JPG

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHINKO-190-50-17-003-ULTRA-SOFT-RADIAL-TIRE-Hayabusa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQihZ
003QQitemZ130074353884QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....4QQrdZ1</a>

hey thanks for the replies, great photos, i really just needed to see a pic of a 200 thanks gsxtacy. maxxis looks great, and actually does make it look a little bigger back there----some junk in the trunk, lol
tounge.gif

oh and newmill, thanks for the info on the shinko, but really wasnt looking to save any money i was just told that the shinko 190 would look like the average 200

thanks
eric

Shinkos aren't rated for what the Busa can do, but I've never heard of a failure either. Cheap around here.

. I have My Busa for sale and it has a Shinko 003 200 on it. Scroll down to the second pic and you'll see what it looks like.
smile.gif

Back