Shinko 011 verge tire

Why would you even consider that tire when Bridgestone's flagship street tire can be had for $223 a set delivered to your door.

Capture.jpg

:welcome: to the org.
Stinkos are pretty much poor quality tires in general, I would trust neither their grip or their build quality. For a few $$ more you can get much better. If your wanting sport touring tires, look into the Dunlop Roadsmart 2, or Michelin Pilot Road 2. I have used both of these and have found them to have excellent wear, grip, and smooth riding qualities. Really pays to not scrimp on your tires, false economy IMO.

Buying Shinko's is only one step away from the insane asylum! :errrr:

i always buy shinkos....the raven i purchase (009's) always get me at least 6k miles...and i can stick in a corner...im not on a track and dont need that high of a performance...so IMO.... yall full of chit. but then again...ive defended them before...and truth is...i dont think i have read one actually street use negative towards them ... only that they "prefer"...not that they were poor quality...hard to balance...bad form...ect ect ect...yes there are STICKYER tires out there and you can pay for them but you will get CONSIDERABLE less millage from them...2k on average...mabey 4k... and i buy rear's for 100$ pair for 180$ thats less than one of the "better" tires you may or may not ever actually be able to 'feel" the diffrence on the street...and if you can....you shouldnt be doing that on the street yall...

oh and me and my daughter scraping peg on the dragon pic....my signature....is on SHINKOS

No issues with the Shinko Raven 009 on the rear. Must be cause I'm capable? :laugh:

I've had the 011's since august of last yr. They have been a decent tire(Pure 2ct before these) stick enough to grind pegs on the ground a many times! No vibreation at tripple degit speeds. Only draw back that i seen was you can't get on the power as early coming out turns as soon as the pures and they weigh ALOT. I weighed just the tire only before putting them on and there was 6lbs difference in the back 200 vs 190 and 4 1/2lbs in the same front. When they get close to the warning bars they get slick in the twisties. I wanted to try them so i can say "I have tried them" and not just have a biyest opinion on them. Really not that bad of a tire for the money. In the end i'm going back to my pures

You will get all kind of answers and opinions on Shinko tires.
Everyone rides different, different power being delivered to them, different suspension settings. different road conditions, and MOST of all tires being pushed to the maximum in turns.
IMO Shinko is a good tire if you dont run your bike to the extremes. They make a decent tire for drag racers, but in all honesty if your looking for a tire for touring I would highly suggest the Michelin Pilot Road 3.

I have never ridden a Shinko tire. It's all a game of price, performance, wear and use. Some people put price on top, some performance, some tread life.

I run a Q2 because I KNOW it's almost a full-on race tire and want the performance - not to mention a great price. Not so much tread life.

I will say this - if you had a poll, except for a few vocal members who like them, the Shinko would not be at the top of the list. In the end, you will pick a tire based on the above factors, and either like/stay with it, or move to something else.

Shinkos just do not have the round profile the other tires do. I could not wait to get the ****co 009 ravens off my bike. My pirelli angels ride MUCH nicer.

I just bought my Busa a month ago. It has Michelin 2ct tires on it and so far I am very happy with them. But I am going to need new rubber by the end of the season, if not sooner and my buddy just put on the shinkos and said they were such great tires. So I guess I just wanted a few more opinions. But it looks like I'm gonna stick with the Michelin 2ct's for now. Don't fix what ain't broke you know...... Anyway thank you everyone for the feedback.

Michelin Pilot Power 2cts are old school out dated technology. There are far better tires to choose from now!

Shinkosare great tires but if I was doing alot of twisties I would go with Q2s

Back