Shinko 003/005, Maaxis, or Powers

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Okay,I know we talk a lot about tires. I currently run D208r's, which aren't bad tires. They stick good, once they're hot. HOWEVER, the busa runs through the rear like two fat chicks at a buffet !!

I am more of the straight line type, and love to bust someone's azz at a stop light, but I like to hit a nice curve everynow and then.

Here is Texas people run a variety of tires. Trust me we get enough heat in our tires. I have seen alot of people run Maaxis tires. Some buddies that drag race told me that I would love the ride and the increased life of a Shinko on the street. And most of you are pumping up Pilot Powers like they fit like a brand new pair of Nike Shox !! And isn't there a D218 or a D208RR

I got about a month to a month & 1/2 on this rear. So someone please squash all of the chat and tell me what is the real deal.

pilot powers hands down .shinko r good drag/street tires but too flat for good lean in ,great grip for the track though .pilot powers 225 to your door from chaparrel n well worth it. good straght grip n warm up great lean in a lot of confindence from these dont know how long they last but after dunflops it can only get better.

if drag racing is your thing you cant beat a shinko they stick like glue,the 180 (shinko) will let the bike turn a bit quicker then the 190,the 180 isnt near as flat as the 190 with lower pressure it will still hook hard,i think the 180 is a better street tire i have them on my 12 and my busa,the 190 is great for the track (dragstrip) www.azmotorsports.com has them super cheap
if handleing is a priorty forget the shinko's there is far better

Back