shifting problems

coman

Registered
This is to all the mechanics here. I went out Monday and put my Busa on the line with a ZX12 and when I took off I tried shifting to second and all she would do is hit neutral. I tried several more times before giving up. The funny thing is as long as I am not placing a load on the bike, she shifts perfectly?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? What's the problem guys.

rock.gif

I have had that problem when shifting hard into 4th and 5th.

Until you get used to the combination, it will be hard, and hard on the bike.

Combination: clutch, rpm, and shift point. Try letting off the throttle, NO CLUTCH, and shift up. Try that at a mid-rpm shift, ie - through 1st to 7k rpm, let off the gas, shift up without clutch. Just try it, and you will learn the key to shifting the busa. I don't use the clutch when shifting up. Unless I am in town going slow. Maybe start off trying the clutchless shift at a lower rpm like 4 or 5k rpm.

haha if i tried that knowing my luck itll die or backfire or damn near throw me off of the bike. i just prefer after market speed shifters.

Ok I hear of no clutch shifting from time to time especially when drag racing, but what kinda damage is that doing to the the tranny & gears? anyone know???
wow.gif

No damage if done properly. Just have to let off the throttle some, the upshift is easy and fits like a glove. Try it sometime. Dont try your first time when going balls out, just try when shifting from 3rd to 4th sometime. smoooooooth babah!!

Thanks for the info. Ill give it a try once I get enough money to replace the tranny/gears incase I do screw it up.
ices_rofl.gif
tounge.gif
face7.gif

Thanks for the info. Ill give it a try once I get enough money to replace the tranny/gears incase I do screw it up.  
ices_rofl.gif

tounge.gif

face7.gif
yOU WON'T SCREW IT UP IF YOU DO AS CACHE SAYS BACK OUT OF THE THROTTLE A LITTLE.

I'VE BEEN DRAGRACING FOR 5 SEASONS NOW AND I FOOTSHIFT NO CLUTCH AT 10,800 RPM SMOOTH AS SILK.

IT WILL HIT NUETRAL EASIER WITH THE SHIFT LEVER IN THE STOCK SETTING, TRY TO ADJUST THE LEVER A LITTLE LOWER AND I BET YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT JUST FINE...

I ALWAYS lower the shift lever on EVERY bike I buy!!
Makes for a shorter throw on the shifter.
This is an easy fix for missing shifts too. They work flawlessly!!

http://www.holeshot.com/

Well, after the holidays it'll work flawlessly!

PowerShifterII

Hawaiibusa, it is like shifting a two stroke, if you have ever riden dirt, you bump shift. Back off the throttle just a hair tap the shifter and the bike will do the rest. BADZXELEVEN is right lower your shift lever down a little will help you shift.

MPS makes a box that works with air shifters.  Kills the coils and shifts the bike with an air solenoid. This all happens very quick. Mine is run off my Nitrous bottle.  It is a slick set up.

Speed shifting is better for your bike than clutch shifting.  It does now wear the fibers.

Hey Badzxeleven, I got a PS-3, on mine i have it set up that whenever it shifts, i get the bang of the solenoid bottoming out but sometimes it just misses the second gear. You think I might not be holding the button long enough

MVC_008S.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine. I sell these brackets for $59 if anyone is interested.

Matt

air_shifter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back