Shifting out of neutral

RIDETHS

Registered
I drive an '05 Busa, Grey/Black. Sometimes(noticeable amount of times) when I shift into neutral at stoplights, It takes three or 4 tries to get it out of neutral before I can get it going again. I NEVER had this problem with my GSXR, however my wife's '05 Boulevard has the same problem. Is this a problem with the '05 Suzukis?

If it doesn't go in on the first try let out the clutch pull it back in and pound it again. I've never had that problem.

Let the clutch out and move the bike a little, clutch in and try again. Mine does this sometimes, you'll get used to doing it before the light turns green, it helps to prevent looking like a FNG!

when this happens to me..i just rev the throttle a bit then shift down to first..i never ever let go of the clutch due to the fact that it might give me the surprise jump..try revving it if this happens again...

let the clutch out and let the gears spin and get lined up and then put it into gear.

otherwise.. hold pressure on the shift lever and slowly let out the clutch, the gears will start to spin and when the cogs line up it will drop into gear

happened to me three times , glad i read this post ! i was in the left lane in 5 o clock traffic after waiting 4 cycles of the light to move 100 feet , then the dam thing wouldnt go into gear , i got it before it went green, but i was freakin out a bit !
biggrin.gif
after tryin to jam it 3 times i relaeased the clutch lever and pulled it back in and it went right in .

...never happened to me!! I think you better get it checked with your mechanic once

Happens to me every once in a while....just let clutch out and roll it forward or backwards and then clutch in and downshift....not sure what causes it but it seems to be normal....

Also happens to my wifes GS500F and even happened to her old Ninja 250 and my old R6....weird some people never experience this and others do....Have you had this happen when you try to shift from 5 to 6 and it stays in neutral....now that sucks....but it usually because you don't kick it up hard enough....

dam i thought it was the only one having this problem. Well i have only had it 3 or 4 times thank god but it does suck when your the only one having it.

The 'Busa gearbox seems to be a little tight/reluctant to shift when it's new, especially at low revs. Mine was like that when I got it ('04) but it's much looser now it has a few miles on it.

Also, it likes a bit more of a positive shift than some other bikes. Shift like you mean it, don't pussyfoot it.

Looking at the manual, 2nd gear sits next to 6th on the C/S so if you were to shift to 2nd that should rotate the gears, then shift to first.

That happens on any bike you ride....like they said just let the clutch out and roll a little and pull it back in and it should click down for ya:D

in a while it will be smooth as silk... I was just thinking that the other day...

I have about 30 thou on her now, with Motul 5100 slickin' everything up.

I use the clutch about 95 % of the time shifting down, but only about 50 % of the time going up...an' she's as smooth as a Prom Queens thighs...

always use a good quality lubricant...

hav a good 1...RSD.

Suzuki transmisions are all like this from my experience. Change to a semi synthetic oil after you get 2500 miles on it and it will shift smoother than a greased pig.

Back