Shifting - Clutch or No Clutch

brad

Registered
When running the quarter miles what technique do you use for shifting through the gears.
Do you use the clutch?
Do you preload the shifter with your foot?
Do you use no clutch and just blip the throttle.
What the fastest?

brad

Not using the clutch seems to be the fastest....BUT, I always use the clutch.

I have done both back to back and exact same results for me et and mph, but most of the time now I do not use it b/c with that kind of rpm and power its hard on the clutch when you keep it wot and clutch it for a fraction of a second it will still rev up slightly in between gears and for the clutch to fully lock back up at that rpm I choose to blip the throttle now I think it is easier on the clutch. over 200 passes this year on stock clutch with 14k miles just my .02:thumbsup:

I SAY NO CLUTCH WHAT IS MILAGE ON BIKE?
Sometime newer bike can kind of resist 1to 2nd no clutch cause trans is still tight.

Preload with my foot, then push the little red button.

The little red button is an ignition kill switch tied to the Power Commander. Once the bike shifts, reset the shift lever and get ready to push the little red button for the next gear. I avoid using this technique between first and second gear.

If you have a power commander, you can hook up any switch to it, and you can preset the ignition kill time duration, currently mine is set for 60ms (just over a half second...)

i blip, and my 09 has no problem shiffting in to 2nd , i realy like the new busa over the old ! much smoother gear box to me and it seams to handle better !

any how plip

My bike has never been clutched for shifting, but then again it only has 2000 miles on it and its driven by an old man on Sunday afternoons, for short trips never longer than 1320 feet.:whistle:

Back