shifting between 5th and 6th

bs72069

Registered
ive notice that 4 times i got on the interstate that shifting from 5th to 6th that it didnt go all the way into 6th gear. is 5th and 6 th spaced out. it doesnt do it all the time. i only have 246 miles on the bike. its a 2003 busa
i was kinda thinking that it was the shoes i was wearing and going to hit the interstate again but wearing steel toes next time. this will tell me if it are the shoes or not.
plus ill probably see what the people at the dealership says about it.

Spec out the other threads on this subject....  

Welcome to the board!!!

This is a common case of lazy shift.  I (and most Busa drivers) have encountered it.  The corrections vary from "Shift into 6th harder" to adjusting the linkage.

:devil: :newbie: :devil:

lower your toe shifter a little bit ... this will help you "feel" the shift... ( your doing a lazy shift and this will help you out a lot ) :thumbsup:

ive notice that 4 times i got on the interstate that shifting from 5th to 6th that it didnt go all the way into 6th gear. is 5th and 6 th spaced out. it doesnt do it all the time. i only have 246 miles on the bike. its a 2003 busa
i was kinda thinking that it was the shoes i was wearing and going to hit the interstate again but wearing steel toes next time. this will tell me if it are the shoes or not.
plus ill probably see what the people at the dealership says about it.
Buy a Hayabusa T-shirt from .org. This will help with your shifting. :D :D No really it will.

i figured it was something to that matter. didnt have any problems today. on the part of shifting i notice something odd to me. in the owners manual during down shifting it goes like this 6th - 5th 31 mph, 5th - 4th 25 mph, 4th - 3rd 19 mph, and then states disengage the clutch below 12 mph. it seems strange to me because im use to shifting all the way to first coming to a complete stop. does anyone know why it doesnt state anything about the rest of the gears. like shifting 3rd - 2nd at what ever speed. i know that most of the time 1st is only shifted into during a complete stop.
i might be rambling but its just something odd i saw while reading the owners manual. about the t shirt im considering it.

Wow, you read the manual? I only do that in extreme cases. :devil:

6-5 100, 5-4 70, 4-3 50, 3-2 30... or something like that.

hey i had the same thing happen to me on sevreal ocations and i belive the problem is that i didnt eat my wheates. when i shift hard it doesnt do it and i dont shift in 6th till about 65 and thats to get the fuel milage.
i also shift all the way down and havent had any problems yet but then agian i have only had it for about 1500 miles.we will see what happens :super: :super:

Back