shift problem

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone ended up in neutral after shifting,,It's the second time its happend to me. I don't know if I didn't shift hard enough for some reason or what. The first time it happend (a long time ago) I missed second all together , But this time it seemed to go into second gear briefly , then it popped out. I hope I didn't damage anything, it's seems to be fine now. Also, do you guys coast to a stop or just jam into gear? I stopped then I put it in gear.

I don't quite understand what you mean by jam into gear.As in downshifting or when it popped out of 2nd?

(proud dad @ May 27 2007,09:43) I don't quite understand what you mean by jam into gear.As in downshifting or when it popped out of 2nd?
it seemed like it didn't want to go into gear afterward

(bradsbusa @ May 27 2007,09:41) lazy shift must use clutch for 2   its not undercut like 3456
your're right , I didn't use the clutch this time, i was just messing around with clutchless shifting . I think i going to stick with the clutch from now on....

(tinbender0 @ May 27 2007,09:50)
(proud dad @ May 27 2007,09:43) I don't quite understand what you mean by jam into gear.As in downshifting or when it popped out of 2nd?
it seemed like it didn't want to go into gear afterward
Not even clutched?The only time I experiance that was when the bike was like 2 days old.The shift was stiff when new.It loosed up in break in.Only missed 2nd twice in 8000 miles.When I missed it,like bradsbusa said lazy shift.Just clutch it and upshift.Didn't have to stop.

Have you put it in 2nd since then,and hammered the throttle a couple times to see if it's ok.Like run 2nd out and grab 3rd?

(tinbender0 @ May 27 2007,10:09) Yeah it seems fine, I guess I didn't shift like I meant it.
I bet you're ok.Hitting 2nd without the clutch,does need a little more kick on the busa.Its ashame it doesn't shift like the 1000.Best shifting bike I ever rode.

(tinbender0 @ May 27 2007,10:09) I'm about to go out now and give her a try again!!
Must be nice,it's raining here
sad.gif

Back