Shift Light Indicator

rrookey

Donating Member
Registered
I want to put a shift light indicator on my bike, not sure what members are using, I don't see alot of talk about them and was looking for any input I can get before buying the wrong one!

any suggestions and why?

Thank to all give me some input.

Ralph

poke.gif
smileyexhibit.gif

I'm using a raptor now. This year I'm going with a boostbysmith model with a built in launch light.

(Professor @ Jan. 20 2007,07:05) I'm using a raptor now. This year I'm going with a boostbysmith model with a built in launch light.
Hmmm.. I didn’t want anyone to take a couple of points in my short post wrong. Let me clarify it a bit.

I ran the Raptor last year. I love it! I have recommended it and still do. However my needs/wants have changed a bit and I need to go beyond the Raptor. One of the classes I run will not allow 2 step rev limiters. When drag racing you really want to launch at the same rpm for consistency. (or vary it for track conditions) So to do that, I was going to add a second shift light using a rpm window switch. This would trigger a light only when I was between….. say 3500-3700 rpm. I could then keep the light on while staged to launch consistently.

The one Greg built has both units built into one. When the clutch is pulled in, it works as a launch light like I described above. When the clutch is release, it works as a shift light.

Is his better? I’m not sure. I still like the looks and size of the raptor. With the bright blue leds, I have no problem seeing it at 140mph on a bright day at the end of the strip. I’m actually going to run both units the first part of the year until I’m sure I’ll be happy with Greg’s light by itself.

If I didn’t need the launch light, I would stay with what I have.

I just ordered a launch\shift light from him.. every bodyhas been happy with his work.. check him out. he will answer any questions u have.

Keep in mind that if you dont want a TRE function,you must look elsewhere..

(brendanp @ Jan. 20 2007,03:01) Keep in mind that if you dont want a TRE function,you must look elsewhere..
contact smithabusa over a sh.org he can answer any questions u have and he can wire a tre in, if u want one . i didnt want the tre. zay

You can see mine on the dash I can't remember what brand it was . Goldenchild can get them . its easy to install and very bright. Its about the size of a roll of dimes with the LEDs in front

good.JPG

boost by smith offers a plug and paly harlen shift light that looks alot like the raptor for 65 thats what i am running it has leds also

Back