She's on a boat floating across the pond...

Mouth

Registered
She's on her way to Germany. ETA April 12! I can't wait to get my baby here. The 1k will follow in a few months after it's done being built. Now I just gotta find some riders out here. I hear there is an awesome riding scene in Germany. I will be going on some rides to several of the neighboring countries too!

P3120193.jpg

P3120192.jpg

Yes, saw a video recently. Lots of bikes and they have a tremendous meet every year. :thumbsup:

Enjoy, be safe.

I know the Ring has a huge bike weekend event every year. I'm looking forward to that. That's the only real meet I know of so far.

I know the Ring has a huge bike weekend event every year. I'm looking forward to that. That's the only real meet I know of so far.
One of our members post up pix every year, huge meet. I'll see if I can find something.

that'll be fun having her over there, we will need pics though, you know how we are here:thumbsup:

that'll be fun having her over there, we will need pics though, you know how we are here:thumbsup:

Of course I do! Most threads are worthless without pics. I will have a video of the first leisurely drive on the Autobahn... :laugh: I hope there is another Megameet here in Europe. That would be awesome.

Don't forget your leathers and helmet must match your bike!
Don't know if you've been there before but be sure to follow the rules or the politzei will stomp on your head!

Don't forget your leathers and helmet must match your bike!
Don't know if you've been there before but be sure to follow the rules or the politzei will stomp on your head!

Why do my leathers and helmet have to match my bike? I usually follow most rules ;) I know they can be strict here. I'm just hoping both bikes will pass the noise test for inspection...may put the stockers on for that. lol

Why do my leathers and helmet have to match my bike? I usually follow most rules ;) I know they can be strict here. I'm just hoping both bikes will pass the noise test for inspection...may put the stockers on for that. lol

Not a traffic rule! All of the europeans spend big bucks so they match their rides. It's almost comical to see a group of them hanging out. They look very stylish!

I think it would be a good idea to put the stock pipes back on at least for your TUV (pronounced toof) inspection. It's an annual safety/compliance inspection. You may want to keep them on because the fines are pretty strict for noncompliant stuff.

Have fun and be careful! Driving for long periods of time at high speeds is very draining in a car let alone on a bike. Make sure you have good rain gear also.

I'm Jealous!

I thought that was a joke. I have a bright helmet that doesn't match. lol Not changing it either. I don't have to go through the TUV inspection. I'm here under a SOFA with the US Forces. I do have some of the same requirements for my inspection though. I'm not leaving the stock exhaust on either bike, since I don't currently have stock pipes. I may just deal with a fine if I get it. I rather enjoy my Akra exhaust on the Busa and the 1K is getting a custom exhaust during the build. I'm not going to be riding at high speeds everywhere constantly. I enjoy the ride, more than the adrenaline rush. I have other avenues for that. I'm from Colorado, I know all about needing rain gear. :laugh:

I'm hoping I can meet some other Busa riders out here. That would be fun.

I was over there while in the Air Force and our vehicles still required the same inspections. Maybe the rules have changed since then.

It's basically the same inspection, but not so hardcore. Plus it's on base not at a TUV. I've heard the TUV are worse.

I,m from Colo. also, I understand Germany is a lot like Colo. Yesterday 68d today should be72, good ride weather. Have a good time over there.

Back