She's almost done. I'm excited

bigjack7679

Registered
Well. She's almost done. This has been a journey for sure. Expected to close at the end of the month. I'm still shopping around for insurance quotes. Any leads on good companies is appreciated. Any other advice from other homeowners is appreciated as well.

Thanks

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4 (1).jpg

Congrats! I had State Farm in our first build, then they quit writing policies in the state of Florida.
Rates were very competitive and with 2 cars, bikes and life ins. it made sense and gave a decent discount.

Hold your GC to the punch list and have 2 sets of eyes on the finished work.

Yep, State Farm, and then bundle your auto and home to save big money.

Very nice house. We just bought our new home and went with Progressive. 475 Year with a 500 Dect. We are talking with them not on a bundle with our car and truck and that will save us another 15% on the home. Of course our house is not that nice but might be worth checking into either way.

Congrats on the new home! :thumbsup:

We had a very negative experience with State Farm, but I like to think that's not the norm. Liberty Mutual has been fine so far, save for one small issue. If you want to bundle your policies, Liberty Mutual (at least in TN) won't touch a big sportbike like the Busa or ZX-14R.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I ended up going with SafeCo/Liberty Mutual. $858 year, $71.50 a month. I thought state farm was going to be a sure thing since I have my bike and car with them, but they were one of the highest in my area. We have the walk through this Friday and close on the 17th. I still refuse to sell the busa. May have to use it to rob the bank :rofl: jkjkjk

Congrats on the new home... :thumbsup:

If you qualify or have access to them, I recommend USAA. I won't use anyone else... :beerchug:

Beautiful home bro:thumbsup:...just bought my first one in sept. of last year. I was planning to build for my 1st time around but there were too many deals out on the market so I bought a fairly new home (7 years old). I guess I will build the wife her dreamhouse on my 2nd go 'round. My hat's off to you though...awesome home:bowdown:.

Congrats on the new home! :thumbsup:

We had a very negative experience with State Farm, but I like to think that's not the norm. Liberty Mutual has been fine so far, save for one small issue. If you want to bundle your policies, Liberty Mutual (at least in TN) won't touch a big sportbike like the Busa or ZX-14R.

Liberty Mutual here too, great rates, and I've had many claims with them with ZERO problems. And they are $200 a year cheaper on the Busa full coverage over State Farm for me.

:beerchug:

Back