Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic $14, then $9 after rebate at Advance Auto

I believe there is some confusion between a bike oil and a hauler oil. The 5W-40 syn is for heavy duty use in diesel engines. I wouldn't put it in the Busa, I only run full syn Alisyn in the Busa.

The OP is talking about an engine that takes about 4 gallons (yes, 15-16 quarts) of 5W-40.

Thought this might help sooth some misconceptions.

BTW: I have two Ford diesels and have run Amsoil syn in both for years...I just recently switched to T6 Rotella because of all the GOOD reviews about it for my particular engine.

I believe there is some confusion between a bike oil and a hauler oil. The 5W-40 syn is for heavy duty use in diesel engines. I wouldn't put it in the Busa, I only run full syn Alisyn in the Busa.

The OP is talking about an engine that takes about 4 gallons (yes, 15-16 quarts) of 5W-40.

Thought this might help sooth some misconceptions.

BTW: I have two Ford diesels and have run Amsoil syn in both for years...I just recently switched to T6 Rotella because of all the GOOD reviews about it for my particular engine.

Its Jaso Ma rated, approved for wet clutch use

i use motul works really good as in smooth shifts i know how it works cost 18 per litre,or quart i'll play it safe

Believe your perpetuating a misconception here rather than soothing it.:whistle:

Possibly so, never heard of anyone running this in a bike but maybe I am incorrect in assuming the OP was talking about for a truck engine.

If that's the case then I was wrong...learn something new everyday.

Anyway, on the diesel sites they highly recommend T6 (For a diesel). :laugh:

I just bought 6 gallons...need to locate two more for my next oil change.

OP may have been pointing it out to the truck buyers, but it's used in bike motors more than you would think. Very commonly used in dirt bikes. My 250F is 12.5:1 compression and spins 13,500rpm, as do most all of them (some a bit more even). In motocross use they see this rpm almost constantly (the sound of motors bouncing off the rev limiter is common at the track), along with constant clutch abuse, with 850ml of oil keeping everything alive. They do this for 60-80 hours between top end rebuilds (double this for bottom end rebuilds) using RotellaT oil. Hayabusa motors are pretty mundane and lead an easy life compared to this.
I've not tried T-6 in my Busa yet, but will probably give it a shot on the next oil change. Even at full price, it's 1/3 the cost of the Motul 300V I've been using, so I could change it twice as often and still be $$ ahead.

Oil is misleading to a lot of people,thanks to the manufactures.Nothing more than a sales pitch."buy mine it's better" Oil suppliers and manufactures scratching one another's back. A lot of good oil out there,some better than others but it's not by a lot.Those big rig diesels go through more stress getting up to speed than a bike ever would at any speed.Those rigs run 30 lbs of boost.Some are up to 50,000 miles on services and that has a warranty.Rotella handles it very well,and that's in 15/40 dino.The T-6 is better.These high revving bikes will not phase these oils.The sheer strength is great cause it has to be.I've ran it in 5 different bikes and the 2 in the garage have T-6.

Run what gives you a piece of mind.A lot of good oil out there.....Motorcycle specific means it's good for a wet clutch.Sales pitch will BS ya though.

Ran it in my B-king and busa. Good stuff, and for the price, you can change it at 3k and not feel bad about it.

I've currently got 8800 miles and about 300 1/4 mile passes on the busa,
I just replaced the factory clutch (proactively) it was still in great shape. I think that speaks volumes about the T6 oil.

Back