Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 synthetic $14, then $9 after rebate at Advance Auto

Great find...I just got their $17 coupon for T6 a couple days ago and am stopping in tonight.

Your deal sounds much better! :thumbsup:

Maybe I am over looking something...I see the $5 rebate but where is the $14 deal to start with? The link to the site shows on sale for $22.99

Great find...I just got their $17 coupon for T6 a couple days ago and am stopping in tonight.

Your deal sounds much better! :thumbsup:

Maybe I am over looking something...I see the $5 rebate but where is the $14 deal to start with? The link to the site shows on sale for $22.99
Wow, you're right! I bought two gallons for $14.99 this morning online. Maybe the deal is dead!

****** EDIT ******* New info
I just downloaded the sales flyer from the Advance Auto website May 2013 Flyer Specials - Advance Auto Parts
It shows Rotella T5 synthetic blend for $13.99, which is also a pretty good deal.
The flyer shows Rotella T6 for $17.99 AFTER the $5 rebate.

The $14.99 price must have been a pricing glitch on their website. Glad I bought it when I did. Snooze ya loose! (sorry guys!)

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding, that's one heckuva deal! You really lucked out!

The $17.99 after rebate is the mailing I got.

I was happy to see the $17.99 price also, can't argue with that.

:banghead: I just bought 4 qts of mobile 1 4t and a K&n filter for $64-$10 coupon... and did the oil change 2 days ago.. oh I hate myself now.. :soapbox:

Idk? There is a lot and I mean a lot of guys on other forums that won't touch rotella. Read several threads and they said its bad for sport bikes and high performance motorcycles. Just to be clear I am not saying this so don't shoot the messenger. I'm just stating what I read. On PB forum especially guys bash it and say not to use it, only on harleys and 4wheelers

i have run it in 3 motorcycles for thousands of miles with 0 issues! not sure if its actually bad or not as its rated for motorcycles

Idk? There is a lot and I mean a lot of guys on other forums that won't touch rotella. Read several threads and they said its bad for sport bikes and high performance motorcycles. Just to be clear I am not saying this so don't shoot the messenger. I'm just stating what I read. On PB forum especially guys bash it and say not to use it, only on harleys and 4wheelers

Rotella t6 recieves high praise on bobistheoilguy. The only thing I have notice from my research is that it shears down to a heave 30wt oil after a couple thousand miles. But still a nice oil. People also. Complain about notchy shifting at the 3-4k mark. I'm trying it for my upcoming oil change.

Yup the notchy shifting is 1 of the complaints that I read and 1 of the more technical gear heads explained how the viscosity of it breaks down under the duress placed on it by high performance engines such as a busa or other sportbikes. I mean it could be BS or just a few isolated incidents but then again we are talking about the engine of your busa here..... Its not that serious to me to take the chance and risk my bike over saving a couple dollars IMO but 2 each his own :whistle:

They are talking about it right now on PB........ Saying that Rotella changed the formula and it doesn't have any anti foaming additives in it which leads to cavitization which in turn can possibly lead to a spun bearing. A couple top name builders that used it in the past have dropped it like a bad habit. All I can say is for those of you who are or considering it in the future you might wanna read up a lil more about it. Your busa might thank you in the long run.....

They are talking about it right now on PB........ Saying that Rotella changed the formula and it doesn't have any anti foaming additives in it which leads to cavitization which in turn can possibly lead to a spun bearing. A couple top name builders that used it in the past have dropped it like a bad habit. All I can say is for those of you who are or considering it in the future you might wanna read up a lil more about it. Your busa might thank you in the long run.....

What is "PB" and do you have a link you can provide?

I stick with Motul 300V in my Busa as it shifts smoother with it in it than any other oil I've used. But, I use the Rotella T-6 in my 4 stroke dirt bike. Changing it every 4-5 hours, so any form of break down isn't an issue. And on the subject of premature oil breakdown, I really question it with the Rotella oils. They are formulated to run for thousands of miles in diesel truck motors under very high temperature and shear forces. Powerstroke motors are pressurizing the oil in the neighborhood of 2500+psi to operate the injector systems, and commonly run upwards of 400k miles with Rotella in them. Don't think you'll find anything like this in a Hayabusa motor.
But still, like others, I'll stick with what I know works in the Busa. It costs a lot more for a gallon of 300V than a gallon of T-6, but lately I'm not riding the street enough to need to change it more than once a season, so the price isn't a relative concern. Dirt bikes on the other hand, 4-5 hours is 2 trips to the track, and at a quart at a time for changes, it adds up there in the summer.

Back