She starts! and north carolina sucks!

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Got in late last night. Went out to the bike in the shed today and the battery was just dead enough it wouldnt start but after charging she started right up :thumbsup: Just as beautiful as i left her. I would take all the pics that i have still havent gotten since she got painted but with my condition cant get the bike out to take pictures :-(

However the state of north carolina thinks my insurance lapsed which it doesnt end til Jan. Because i was in cali i didnt get the notices and revoked my tag and want 50 bucks and for me to prove i have insurance. Thats robbery in my opinion. My insurance didnt lapse and they want me to pay them even if im not in the wrong? When i go to florida in 2 weeks im just going to register the bike there in my home state. North Carolina sucks as far as vehicle taxes go ad the way they do things :moon: They are just lucky i cant ride because of my broken leg or I would be somewhat angry :tantrum: and at there office throwing things

North Carolina is way chilly already :poke:. I guess i wouldnt be able to ride in the winter as i intended cause this Florida guy would freeze. I guess the winter will be good so my leg can heal and I will buy lots of mods for the busa :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Got my gauge cluster in and already started fiddling with it so as soon as my new soldering iron station kit comes in i can start tinkering. Looks easy, 4 pins per gauge motor and a few screws to get the gauges off to get to the backlight LEDs. I need to get my gauge cluster off. Is there a way to get it off without taking the nose fairing off?

Last edited:
bring your Xrays to the DMV and tell em the last time that somebody messed up your papers you kicked em so hard to broke your leg. Its kinda true...:laugh:

I for one, cant stand the DMV and how they do things, i know its not easy, but its just stupid sometimes.

bring your Xrays to the DMV and tell em the last time that somebody messed up your papers you kicked em so hard to broke your leg. Its kinda true...:laugh:

I for one, cant stand the DMV and how they do things, i know its not easy, but its just stupid sometimes.

Im not paying the 50 bucks because they are retarded. Its only 50 bucks but still. When i go down there ill bring my orders showing i was away in cali for the last 3 months and papers showing my insurance never lapsed or ended. If the persist on the money it wont matter. Ill just tell them to keep the tag, get the title changed over to florida and register it there and thell them to :kissass:

i love how when the government doesn't have their paperwork straight it's still us who get hosed.

yup..kept my FL plates / registration as well..NC with all of these inspections, registrations..etc:moon:
as long as we're active duty we can do that....

Hmm, strange deal alright. Here in Missouri you only have to show proof when you renew your tags, or get pulled over by the man. I've known more than a few people who buy insurance for the month they get their tags renewed, than let it drop for the next 2 years until next renewal time.
I've even known people who got a "failure to show proof" ticket, then went and got insurance, and the judge dropped the charge.
Different laws in different states.
I have had my mortgage company send me a letter saying they were going to charge me huge $$ for homeowners if I didn't send them "proof of insurance". Just out of the blue. Call my insurance agency, they send the "proof", and everything is alright again. Crazy.

yup..kept my FL plates / registration as well..NC with all of these inspections, registrations..etc:moon:
as long as we're active duty we can do that....

I wouldve but i bought the bike here in NC :poke: Ill pay florida 80 bucks to register it and get tags before i give NC 50 bucks being crooks :moon:

Much easier in FL and insurance isn't required if you own it. If you need insurance, you may wanna reconsider as it's possibly cheaper up there.

I wouldve but i bought the bike here in NC :poke: Ill pay florida 80 bucks to register it and get tags before i give NC 50 bucks being crooks :moon:

When was the last time you got a reg and plate in Florida ?
May cost you more than that as Florida has raised the rates for both recently :(

Don't waste your time with the tag office. Request a hearing and take your proof of insurance and papers with you and the officer should drop the $50 charge. just make sure you have both proof of insuranc during the time they say it lapsed as well as proof if current insurance. A little inconvenient but it will get the fee dropped
Posted via Mobile Device

When was the last time you got a reg and plate in Florida ?
May cost you more than that as Florida has raised the rates for both recently :(

Going to have to get it registered back there anyway sometime. Any idea how much it is nowadays?

I just had to deal with the dmv last week. i thought if i went there around 9:30 -10:00 am there wouldn't be a line. yeah right. had to stand in one line for 15 min. then move to another line for 15 min. busy busy. dmv sucks

Theres an initial registration fee of $225 but i cant get that waived being in the military under orders in NC. So i just have to pay annual taxes and tag fees which whill be 80-90 bucks total according to their website numbers. Still worth it over the 50 NC wants. I should know this week whats gonna happen with that. Im going to have someone take me down to the DMV to figure out what the hell

Back