She Finally Did It!!!!!

SSGT_B

Registered
She accepted the "Southern" way of speaking. We always argue over where the hidden "R" is at. Its a southern thing I tell her. So today I caught her saying she "waRshd" something.

Im so proud right now!!!! LOL

Examples:

Washed = warshd
Whataburger = Waterburger
Kuykendahl = KiRkendahl

She accepted the "Southern" way of speaking. We always argue over where the hidden "R" is at. Its a southern thing I tell her. So today I caught her saying she "waRshd" something.

Im so proud right now!!!! LOL

Examples:

Washed = warshd
Whataburger = Waterburger
Kuykendahl = KiRkendahl
I have some family in Tennessee with the last name kuykendahl and it's always been pronounced with an "R" :thumbsup:

Accents and expressions are interesting...after just coming back from Newfoundland, it is almost like another world there.

I recall when I first went to Newfoundland with my wife, a neighbour as visiting and I didn't understand a word he said...I even asked my wife if he was speaking English...strangely enough, after 30 yrs of being married to a "Newfy" I can understand him now...

You mention Newfoundland and show Allan Hawco, we just finished watching a show from there. Republic of Doyle. Very pretty country out there. Would love to visit that part of the world some day

You mention Newfoundland and show Allan Hawco, we just finished watching a show from there. Republic of Doyle. Very pretty country out there. Would love to visit that part of the world some day

You really should, it's quite the place, it only became part of Canada in 1949....lots of history there as it was the first place settled in the"new world."

"What r yer at me old trout" is a saying they use a lot. The small community where my wife is from still call women "maid" and use the word "ye" for you...for ex "what are ye at, maid?" "what are you doing girl?"

Pretty interesting place for sure.

Some of the older people there are harder than Christmas candy as many of them grew up without power or indoor plumbing and worked hard their whole life. My wife's grandparents had a privvy in the '90's and no hot water or furnace, still heated with wood only with cold running water and one light bulb in the kitchen. Her grandmother made the best "toutons" which is fried bread dough eaten with molasses..

Back