SHARK helmets

BUSAFETT

Registered
I have my eye on a Shark helmet, and wondered if anyone else had one out there and could provide any feedback on good/bad/etc.

Thanks!

lurk.gif

i have the shark rsi and i love it, o personally like it better than the shoei x 11, i rode in like 30 degree weather the other night and could not get it to fog it seems like it is well vented and really well constructed. best helmet ive purchased yet

Thanks goodluck,

Is it DOT/SNELL approved? The ad doesn't say anything about it, but it should be marked on the helmet I would think, right?

BUSAFETT

Hate to sound like McDonalds, but I think I'm Lovin' It...

The only thing remaining that I'd like to see if possible, is the rear view of the helmet I linked above (the Acid Blue/Silver). If anyone could help me find that pic, I think I may have found my new helmet....

Thanks guys!

I personally didn't like it...I put up a review last summer (just because it has a big vent in the middle of the fore head it doesn't mean it cools down quicker...) and it is too loud, I don't wear a ear plugs...

My_new_lid_3_006__Small_.jpg

Interesting.. looks cool tho!

I'm assuming by "loud" you mean the wind noise? Is the vent closeable?

BUSAFETT

Got mine last summer - same one in the photo by Busafett except white/black/red, love it. Agree with goodluck, best helmet I've ever purchased. Wind noise is minor and not nearly as bad as my old Shoei or Bell. The fit is good for me but I need a longer shape front to back than the Shoei which tends to squeeze the top of my forehead. The only thing I've discovered that came as a minor surprise was that it tends to lift at high speed (140+) however since I've only rarely experienced this phenomena I consider that to be a minor annoyance and one easily rectified by synching up the strap. I will say though that helmets and shoes are highly subjective apparel and are usually the types of things better tried on for size and comfort before purchasing if possible.
-Jim

Thanks goodluck,

Is it DOT/SNELL approved? The ad doesn't say anything about it, but it should be marked on the helmet I would think, right?

BUSAFETT
I have one it is Dot but not SNELL looks just like yours style wise just has some red in it too. It seems to be a good helmet though.

I have the Shark RSI ( slightly scratched in my off) so I am waiting for my order of the new Vision R to come in it has a drop down tinted visor built in you adjust it with the lever on the side..

HE4230EKSK-1.JPG

I changed my Shark for a Shubert C2

Allthough the Shark is a nice helmet its very noisy ???

Regards

The new Models the Race-R Pro, Race-R & Vision-R all have a new auto seal system to reduce noise also the Vision-R has the widest viewing angle on the market.:thumbsup:

Back