Shark Evoline 2 Helmet-Any Users?

flynlow

Registered
I've been watching these modulars for awhile, now the upgraded ST (Bluetooth) version is available. Looking to find the good and bad of these lids before picking one up.

in case you have not read this one yet: Shark Evoline Series 2 - webBikeworld

Thanks and yes I've read many reviews on it. Was ready to buy one a while back when my local B&M told me to hold out "'cause I think a new model is coming soon", so I did and here it is.

On paper this helmet appears to be decent, but due to the dynamics of our bikes, I'd like to find if Busa riders are having issues with it.

Can't speak for the Gen 2 but I do own the last model Shark Evoline Modular. I've had it now for a season and a half.

Good:
Nice fitting helmet for round or semi round heads.
Comfortable
Great as it never fogs up.
Air vents nicely throughout top and bottom.

Bad:
Wind noise when you turn your head.
Heavy
You have to get use to lifting visor before you can lift modular.
Release on bottom is starting to stick.

I currently have the evo 2. Love it. Modified it some on the inside to adjust "pad coverage" vs wind noise, and all the electroics Ive installed.
Scala ryder, with modified speaker add on's, etc. The pure versitility of the helmet made it worth it to me. 1300 mile ride it was nice to switch up
from full face, to 1/2 face to no shield to sun visor. Able to snak, and drink soda with ease and no spillage. Could use phone, mp3 etc and see much better.
Never fogs up in rain etc. Vetilation is almost too good. On a cooler night, their is still GREAT VENTILATION. which is cold. :) Ref weight. No problems. Similar to most
all helmets ive worn. Great fit so it doesnt bob up or down. NOTE: I have broke my back and neck before, with 7 buldging disks and 3 compressed vertibre, it's actually not bad.
Add the music and phone options and it's great.

For me, I havnt found a helmet yet that I like compared to the shark II. Find a dealer who will hook you up on the cost. Paid $269.00 for mine.

~ICE~

Back