Share my eye opening experience

brad

Registered
Residing in the San Francisco, Bay Area the best time for me to open her up is Sunday A.M. hours between 4:30 and 6:00 (too much traffic otherwise).  On Highway 280 just south of Page Mill Road is a 5 lane one mile straight with 3 to 4 year old asphalt.
With a running start my first pass heading southbound hit 175.  We all know the speedo is incorrect.  Take the next exit catch the cloverleaf back on to the northbound side running through the gears in fourth with the throttle wide open, hit redline and kick it into fifth.  Throttle wide open waiting for redline (seems like forever) and all of a sudden the engine shuts off.  I can remember watching the tachometer go right down to zero.  My lights are still on.  What heppened.  Did I hit the kill switch by accident? No way, when I am making these high end runs I am hanging on, my hands do not move around on the clipon's.  I pull the clutch and coast over to the right.  Turn off my key wanting to save my battery (not know what when wrong at this time).  About 4:45am pitch black no steet lights and no moon out.  I saying to myself well this sucks.  Still sitting on the bike I start looking around and what do I see? Two deer strolling on the freeway (this area is know for deer crossing).  I am speachless with my jaw hanging wide open.  In shock.  Would I have seen them and been able to avoid.  I have a very good high beam but who knows. A couple minutes pass.  I turn the key on and the bike fires right up.  During the twenty minute ride home I realize what had happened.  I thanked the big guy for watching out for me with tears in my eyes.
That has been the only time the bike has failed on me, period.

ripping down the highway at the crack of dawn in deer infested areas is a Baaaaaad idea.
I always do my speed runs in the middle of the day, during non-hunting times. That way they're bedded down where-ever for the day and
don't start moving again untill 3-5pm.
Be careful man!

Glad God had mercy on ya in telling you to be more careful!
thumb_up.gif

Do you have a Power Comander ? I know like 4 people that had their bikes shut off on them just as they would hit 150 mph., That's why they think I'm stupid for still running it ??

Sounds like you were very lucky! Remember this for the future.

Glad your still with us. Makes you a believer. Devine intervention.

My story: It was late on a cold dark night on a carbed bike & a cold motor. I pull up to a red light a block away from where I fired it up. Light goes green for me & I stall the motor as I let the clutch out. Before I can thumb the start button a car blows the red light from my left side in the curb lane & that sucker was running at least 60 in 45 zone. All I could think about was the mess that would have been me spread all over the road. The EMS guys would have had to scrape me up with a blotter.

Gives me cold chills every time I think about it.

Hey bro... sounds like God has still got some things planned for you!! Glad you realized that He had your guardian angel working the "early" shift!!
thumb_up.gif

Greg

Dike_road_shot__2___resize.jpg

God gives eachs of us so many chances, eventually he will say enough and hand you over to lucifier who will put an end to you very quickly, he will use u and loose u.
yes God gave you another chance, today is the day to make it right before him at the alter at chruch. allways remember this if you die without christ, you are dead forever in hell
if you die with christ you are ALIVE for eternity with him. thats how i ride. if i mess up and bite the bullet, my soul is safe with the lord. i have peace riding the bike knowing this.

Risking your life at speeds aproaching 200 mph in the dark on public roads?

Brave or Stupid?

You decide?

Back