shame on me

fstbusa

orange peel is caused by excessive speed
Donating Member
Registered
I've owned the busa coming up on 4 months now...and I still haven't removed the factory warning stickers.....

Since I can't get anyone to reply in the FAQ's I'll ask here

does removing the warning stickers void your factory warranty? I wouldn't think it would but I just want to check before I do cuz I may need warranty repair sometime.

Anyone know?

Of course not. The dealer must leave the stickers on for the new owner. But once it belongs to you the stickers are able to be removed. I took them off immediately and have had to have warranty work twice. The dealer probably never noticed no stickers.......

I don't see why it would. I'd say no, but if you want to know for sure, ask your dealer. Some dealers won't warranty your bike with exhaust mods but some will cover it. I guess it's basically up to the dealer as to whether or not they rat you out to Suzuki and cut your throat on the warranty. My dealer siad they knew that people buy bikes to mod and play on and that they would do everything they could to cover any problems on my bike as long as it wasn't the result of crappy maintainance.

So, the answer is... check with your dealer. They are the one that will handle any problems you might have under the warranty.

I agree with everyone's posts. I have removed the stickers from my bike (finally) and don't foresee any problem with warranty issues. I believe the stickers served their purpose warning me of things and I don't need them there to remind me.

I wish they would've just handed me a pamphlet or something.Those damn things have some hellacious glue under them!

There was a lot of glue underneath, but some 3M Adhesive Remover, a hairdryer and a Zaino Z5 and you can't tell they were ever there. At least not the one on the tank. The ones on the inners took a littlel Armor All to clean up.

Here's a little tip for stickers that come off in one piece but leave some glue... Take the sticker it's self and press it back down on the glue. Not hard enough to stick it down, just lay it on the glue and rip it back up. It may take several times but the glue sticks to it's self and pulls off what's left on the paint/frame/whatever. The sticker has to have some of the glue still on it for this to work, though. If all the glue stays, this won't work. I guarantee that when you can get the sticker off in one piece and use this method, you won't find an easier method.

Trouble is, most of the busa warning stickers wouldn't come off in one piece for shiot!

Here's a little tip for stickers that come off in one piece but leave some glue... Take the sticker it's self and press it back down on the glue. Not hard enough to stick it down, just lay it on the glue and rip it back up. It may take several times but the glue sticks to it's self and pulls off what's left on the paint/frame/whatever. The sticker has to have some of the glue still on it for this to work, though. If all the glue stays, this won't work. I guarantee that when you can get the sticker off in one piece and use this method, you won't find an easier method.

Trouble is, most of the busa warning stickers wouldn't come off in one piece for shiot!  
That's a good trick and yes it does work. I have removed all of my stickers but I haven't touched the reflectors.

man get them reflectors off...they are worse than the stickers!!!!:mad:

If you have a local paint shop near by, they should be able to take the stickers off with a solution added to a shop towel over the sticker, leaving no glue. A shop did my bike, then put a little polish on afterward, perfect.

ITS CALLED JUST USE A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE DAMN PEOPLE YOU AFFRAID TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY
tounge.gif
AND SOME WAX AFTERWARDS

ITS CALLED JUST USE A LITTLE ELBOW GREASE DAMN PEOPLE YOU AFFRAID TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY AND SOME WAX AFTERWARDS[/QUOTE]
hehehe...

poke.gif

I have elbow grease in bulk if you'd like to purchase some of it...

$50 per bike for enough elbow grease to remove all the stickers...

any takers?

Back