Shaking mirrors and windscreen!!

Lunar Busa

Registered
My 08 busa mirrors shake at idle since the day I bought it from the dealer. It seems to calm when I add more RPM's. Also the windscreen seems to shake and vibrate more than my 1st Gen in higher speeds. I am just wondering does anyone else have the same issue or just does my motor have more vibration than normal??

My 08 busa mirrors shake at idle since the day I bought it from the dealer. It seems to calm when I add more RPM's. Also the windscreen seems to shake and vibrate more than my 1st Gen in higher speeds. I am just wondering does anyone else have the same issue or just does my motor have more vibration than normal??

mine does the same in idle, as far as i know it should be normal, i had same things in my other brand sport bikes. you are lucky you don't have a harldly to ride, that thing shakes all over!:rofl:

Shaking is normal... If you have any problems with the shaking just take off your mirrors and add some rubber mounts to it between the body and the mirrors. That should solve your problem.

The vibration in my 08 is no more than the 06 I had except when it is warming up. After warm-up it is smoother than the 06.

They shake more than on any bike i've ever ridden. The first time I rode a Busa, I thought there was something wrong with it. Turns out there wasn't, it just shakes alot.

I have no prblems with mirrors vibrating on my '07. I placed electrical tape along the edges of my DB windscreen to try to make it a little more snug.

Check the bolts to be sure they're tight. My 03 mirrors were shaking one day and upon checking, it was apparent that the bolts had started to work themselves out. Tightened them back up and now they don't shake any more!

Well, better than having them fall off anyway!

--Wag--

Back