SEVERE BACKFIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

you need a tUne and you need to get rid of the Roaring toyz exhaust,,their junk,look nice but junk,you can go to pep boys and get a 1" chrome exhaust tip for $50 and it dasically does the same thing that set up does ...NOTHING! trust me,i almost bought the system 2 weeks ago,instead i went with the Brocks GEN3 alien head..more power then the full hindle set up i had and sounds sick!!
no doubt the roaring toyz is like a good lookin girl that don`t put out
laugh.gif
can`t go wrong with a brock hindle system...
thumb_up.gif

marble mod imho. i have the lg.pair mod. but unless your really worried about the extra 2.5#s of excess weght just do the free marble mod.
lurk.gif

and since you stated SEVERE than it is more than likely a tune issue as well but even w/ a perfect tune you will still get bacfire on heavy deceleration and flames on exceration...unless marble mod

Let me know how it goes, after you do the marble mod, or block off's. I got a full Hindle last spring, PCIII, and the dealer blocked off my pair valves by screwing screws into the holes, and I still get a pop if I chop the throttle off. How does your bike accelerate (sp?) does it sputter, or pop then ? Mine takes off GREAT !!

again, let me know how it goes. GOOD LUCK !!!

Let me know how it goes, after you do the marble mod, or block off's. I got a full Hindle last spring, PCIII, and the dealer blocked off my pair valves by screwing screws into the holes, and I still get a pop if I chop the throttle off. How does your bike accelerate (sp?) does it sputter, or pop then ? Mine takes off GREAT !!

again, let me know how it goes.   GOOD LUCK !!!
screws in the holes is okay lots do it. but you can still get the emfamous backfire w/pair mod IF all you do is take a short hose from case to airbox.

did the marble mod
i think it got worse lol
going to try the valve block off mod cause its getn crazy on that damn megaphone pipe

If you did the marble mod. and it got worse , then it sounds like you have problems elsewhere ! just my $.02

The Marble you put in the rubber tube is doing the same exact thing as the block off plates. When installing the exhaust did you accidentally loosen one of the pair valve hoses? That could cause air to be sucked in even with the marble in place. Don't go spending more $$ on block offs only to have the same effect.

Try unhooking the PC3 and drive it? What Map is on the PC3 right now? Maybe one of the Header pipes is sucking air at the block? You would most likely hear a popping sound from where the leak is.

Good Luck!

The Marble you put in the rubber tube is doing the same exact thing as the block off plates. When installing the exhaust did you accidentally loosen one of the pair valve hoses? That could cause air to be sucked in even with the marble in place. Don't go spending more $$ on block offs only to have the same effect.

Try unhooking the PC3 and drive it? What Map is on the PC3 right now? Maybe one of the Header pipes is sucking air at the block? You would most likely hear a popping sound from where the leak is.

Good Luck!
thumb_up.gif

i know i definatley need it dyno tuned but that damn pipe is giving me a headache!
nuttn but problems since day 1, but when i installed the pipe i took out the 2 baffles and tossed them and now i regret em cause 1 would help about right now and Roaring Toys dont sell em seperate, going to try the valvo block off just to be safe and take it from there
REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP GUYS!

Back